• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help Me Price Sotally Tober to Sell

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
One hell of a boat. If I were buying it, I'd want it all as is! Pricing this is hard! Such a massive party boat!
It really is and that's why I want everyone's opinion. I recognize that this boat will be hard to sell "as is" and that is why I'm stripping it down of the most expensive items. Granted, I will give the buyer the option to keep individual items on with a set additional price but I totally get your point.

Just trying to figure out a good initial list price with the remaining equipment. I've seen some of the clowns that comment on the "For Sale" Face Book Groups and there is nothing but negative vibes put out. Even if something is extremely high due to the market the seller gets flame sprayed.

I'm already planning my next build and it will be bigger and badder BTW =). Rev-12's WHAT?

Regardless of where I end up I'll always be part of this group in one way or another...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It really is and that's why I want everyone's opinion. I recognize that this boat will be hard to sell "as is" and that is why I'm stripping it down of the most expensive items. Granted, I will give the buyer the option to keep individual items on with a set additional price but I totally get your point.

Just trying to figure out a good initial list price with the remaining equipment. I've seen some of the clowns that comment on the "For Sale" Face Book Groups and there is nothing but negative vibes put out. Even if something is extremely high due to the market the seller gets flame sprayed.

I'm already planning my next build and it will be bigger and badder BTW =). Rev-12's WHAT?

Regardless of where I end up I'll always be part of this group in one way or another...
Needs to be marketed as the sand bar babe magnet! Photos of the stripper pole in action, video of the girls dancing to the stereo etc.

Mods rarely get back what you put into them, but as a party platform, if you find the right boat, this one might. I'd be going to shell island with the hottest chicks you can drum up, for sale signs and your best DJ!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Needs to be marketed as the sand bar babe magnet! Photos of the stripper pole in action, video of the girls dancing to the stereo etc.

Mods rarely get back what you put into them, but as a party platform, if you find the right boat, this one might. I'd be going to shell island with the hottest chicks you can drum up, for sale signs and your best DJ!
Hmm. You just gave me an idea. Is there any party centric boating forums specific to geographical areas? Crab Island, LOTO, etc? Once I do officially list the boat I could gain membership and post in their classified section for maximum exposure to the respective crowd.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My brother lives at Canyon Lake. I have a feeling you will fit right in. I see a very tricked out golf cart in your future. And as mentioned they take the lake and rules serious. I wanted to take my AR240 down for the weekend and was told there was no way around the length.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My brother lives at Canyon Lake. I have a feeling you will fit right in. I see a very tricked out golf cart in your future. And as mentioned they take the lake and rules serious. I wanted to take my AR240 down for the weekend and was told there was no way around the length.
Beat ya to the punch on the golf card! Canyon Lake sounds like our type of community =)

IMG_0587.jpeg

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length