• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help! Where can I get a replacement tower gasket quickly (by Friday)?

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's back story -
@Detonate has been working on rewiring our entire boat. He took off the tower and had a problem with a screw/bolt that broke off. We took the part with the broken off screw to our friend with a medal shop to remove the screw and rethread the hole. When we got the part back it was missing the rubber gasket. Eeek!

So, what we need are to replace the part. It's part number is F1C-U752C-00-00 and it's labeled 4 in the attached image.

So, the question are:
1) Do you know of any part suppliers that can get it to us by Friday?
2) Do you have any ideas on where we can get a small sheet of uncut rubber to use as an alternative?

Attachments

• Image.gif
    Image.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
If you have a tractor supply they have rubber gasket material, or if all else fails buy a thick tire inner tube and cut a couple layers out of that..

Yamahasportsplaza or some other big dealer likely has them in stock. Calling them might get better response times.

I assume you already called your local dealer?

I would also think those rubber tiles for a garage floor would work if you cut it...

X3. Build one. Cheap and easy. Cam.

It's part number is F1C-U752C-00-00 and it's labeled 4 in the attached image.
Did you also keep track of the nylon washers? Part 11 in the drawing?

I ask because a long time ago when the dealer worked on my tower, it came back with these nylon washers missing. I didn't think it was a big deal since I didn't intend to unbolt the tower often. But I found out that it makes a lot more 'creaking' noises without the nylon washers. Their size made them very hard to find in the usual stores. I had to get new ones from the dealer.

Hmmmm, as far as I know, I've never seen those...

I might go to Lowe's and see what I can find...

Lowes has nylon washers, but not as big as these. You might get by with the biggest ones they have and drill out the center hole if necessary. The picture is misleading where they go. It goes between the tower leg and the tower base, not between the screw and the tower (not like a lockwasher). Its nylon so it keeps the two aluminum surfaces from rubbing together and making that 'creaking' noise.

Did you check with Yamaha Sport Plaza or any OEM supplier to see if they will overnight part?

Back