• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Here is something to think about especially people with non Yamaha jet boats

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So here is the answer to removing crap from your jet pump, no more swimming under the ski to get weeds out, works on most skies and even jet boats, it's pretty complex and very expensive made of rust proof recycled water bottles or other non metallic materials so it won't rust, And even though I am having a blast telling you about this, it really does work and no jet boat should be without one, Just fill it with water place it at the nozzle opening give it one vigorous push and the weeds get blasted out the intake grate. It's the reverse move without reverse.
believe it or not this is absolutely perfect for blasting weeds out of the intake without getting under the boat or jet ski. I just had the idea who knows why but I went and purchased this at Wal-Mart and damn if it isn't just perfect. I plan on putting one in the front of both of my skies . So laugh if you want but damn if it isn't a great adaptation of a simple inexpensive device.

Attachments

• magic jet pump crap eraticator 001.JPG
    magic jet pump crap eraticator 001.JPG
    605.7 KB · Views: 146
  • magic jet pump crap eraticator 002.JPG
    magic jet pump crap eraticator 002.JPG
    803.9 KB · Views: 142
  • magic jet pump crap eraticator 003.JPG
    magic jet pump crap eraticator 003.JPG
    607.9 KB · Views: 144
Have you tried it? I wonder how well it would work since the nozzles have gaps around them....I guess enough water would push through the pump itself....but curious....

It will still work since it has more force than the reverse move has and that works , I am taking it to the water this week end for the " no numbers " that are out on their new skies with no clue about weeds and that fact that skies do not have 4 wheel drive or real reverse for that matter I could write a book about all the silly "no number " mistakes I see. It should also work on the Yamaha nozzles.

I have had good luck with a "slow down move" turn off power after moving a bit, so the wake coming back to the boat causes a good wash to return.. Worth a try before y you get in the water with the "not a plunger" to fix the problem.

yea the reverse move works really good most of the time also but if you get a lot of stuff in the intake grate and you need to remove it this could be very handy especially in cold water situations like in Canada or Minnesota etc.

Always thinking and tinkering ain't ya?!

I just can't help myself all these people in my nursing home keep asking me silly questions about supercharging their wheel chairs and the gears just keep turning. I just built a rack that turns my walker into a tower for pulling wakeboards with my jet ski.

I just can't help myself all these people in my nursing home keep asking me silly questions about supercharging their wheel chairs and the gears just keep turning. I just built a rack that turns my walker into a tower for pulling wakeboards with my jet ski.

It's hard to gauge expression over the internet... Did you actually pull this off??? that's pretty cool. but won't believe without pictures! (Not really, I believe you, but seeing pictures would be cool)

Ha! That's awesome!
How old are ya now? Still going no hands standing on your ski?

And you can plunge your luggable loo when it backs up!

Seriously though, that's a good idea with the plunger.

Since I do not drink only because I was born before alcohol was invented. So I am not familiar with the terminology but you can use the plunger for a drink funnel thing, you know where someone holds it over your head and pours alcohol down your throat sort of gismo.

So the BEST part about this is going to be explaining to your guests why you're carrying one of those on board. :D

Tell them it's an old custom that equates to a good luck charm for boats that were first carried by the Polish Navy in their submarines.

I actually tried to get enough weeds in my intake grate to see if this works but I gave up because my special intake grates won't get clogged up. I drove slow in the flats through the sea grass and had a lot of weeds on the intake but never enough to block it and as soon as I shut off the engine my weeds just float away in big clumps. So I will just need to wait until someone gets a big weed clog in a stock grate.

He made his own

Back