• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hey Florida folks

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a part-time Floridian visitor, may be I could be called a "Snowbird" at 52 :confused::(, anyhow, we love it through the winter, we've been there a few times in the summer and to be honest we didn't mind it too much but then we were on vacation, I'd hate to work in that heat.
Our long term plan is to spend six months in the US, (we're not allowed to convert our British pounds into US dollars and spend them for more than that :(:p) and travel for the rest.

We recently visited Queensland, Australia, they call it the Sunshine state too. While we were there we experienced their hottest summer on record, one town recorded a record temp of 47 (117F) and with humidity to match. We were also told the big hole in the ozone layer is right over New Zealand and Eastern Oz so never go out in the sun without sunscreen. Now even though my wife and I were constantly comparing Queensland to Florida, there both so alike with fauna, house construction, weather, beaches etc, and even having a closer connection to the UK we just could not see ourselves living there or going back in a hurry. Florida to us just feels so comfortable, our small town of Punta Gorda has a friendly atmosphere and even though it's not right on the coast and has no beach, (may be that why its not over populated) it just works. The average age of its residents might have a part to play, as the pool guy said to me once "What are you doing here, most people I meet are on oxygen:D:D)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Enough already....some of us can't move!!!!!
I wish I'd moved South sooner than I did! Reminds me of the comedian that starts his set "I was born is Iowa and lived there until......until....I realized I was free to leave!" (Sorry Iowans). Hardest part is moving older kids when in school....but as someone who lived in 10 different houses by age 18 I know that kids adapt quickly.

So it begs the question.....why am I not living on water front property on the coast.....well....cuz I suck at taking advice! LOL Reminds me that I need a "plan"....and then to execute "the plan"! WIthout one....we just keep on plugging....

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lived on Homestead AFB when Andrew paid a visit...so we moved to Tacoma, WA. My wife LOVED S. Florida but I could do without it. My issues was that I am NOT a saltwater and sand fan, as I grew up on the lakes in the Midwest; I did love the weather though! Many of my likes and dislikes are around my personality "quirks\features" that some call odd....I just call it normal.
I work / live there now :)

The folks that have been here for 20+ years still talk about Andrew like it happened last night. I'm like okay -- I'll risk the Hurricane it beats where I came from in Buffalo NY. I spent 22 years living in that dump of frozen blizzard - comatose lifestyle for 7 months a year for way to long. Lol!

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been in Panama City Beach (North West Gulf Coast) for almost 30 years and love it. The weather is great most of the year. Yeah its hot and humid in July and August, that's why I bought a boat. March thru June are beautiful as well as September and October. The winters are mild but it does get cold (40's at night 60's during the day) Occasional freezing but rarely. This winter wasn't. The picture is Shell Island April 1.

Attachments

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1753.JPG We just got back from the Ruskin Fl area. We enjoyed several days of boating. Wish that we had more time to explore more areas. We traveled between sarasota and Tampa. The Little manatee river and big manatee river were fun to explore. The doliphins ,stingrays, sharks and sea turtles were awesome to see. We will going back

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length