• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to install a fume detector with blower control

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Good idea...This is what I did.

View attachment 148576

Edit: I edited the picture as it was not correct. The 2 bottom red wires must be connected together and then connected to 87. Leave 87a empty.
I have 2 blowers. From what I’ve been told, one sucks, one blows. Not sure if that is correct, but if it is, I guess I could use 87a. I need a wiring diagram for a12” connect. My bilge switch is touch screen, so I need to find the relay for starters.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have 2 blowers. From what I’ve been told, one sucks, one blows. Not sure if that is correct, but if it is, I guess I could use 87a. I need a wiring diagram for a12” connect. My bilge switch is touch screen, so I need to find the relay for starters.
Sorry, I do not know how to do it with a touch screen.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They both blow out, at least mine do. If you are trying to tap into the blower circuit, do it at the blowers and not at the screen. That is where the fume detector will be mounted anyway. Wiring the fume detector/activator circuit in parallel to the blower circuit at the blowers should work, Although, I don't know what system you want to install.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah, not even thinking of connecting at the screen. Those switches only send a signal, no switching. I need a wiring diagram so I can find the relay. I don't want to start pulling relays and setting codes.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will be tracing a brown wire with a yellow stripe back to the relay per ABYC standards.

20210617_195008.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thank you...

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your welcome.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Now that my fume detector is installed, I'm going to wire it to the blower circuit. I want to make sure the blowers continue to operate in auto and manual mode in addition to being activated by the fume sensor. Without a wiring diagram available, I'm going to use the color code chart that @zipper was kind enough to share with me. Being that I have the 12" connext screen, I don't want to be probing too much with my multimeter. I will ohm the circuit from the helm to the blowers to confirm the circuit. I want to make sure the blowers don't get activated simultaneously and the controls are independent of each other. Any insight is appreciated in advance. Thank you

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now that my fume detector is installed, I'm going to wire it to the blower circuit. I want to make sure the blowers continue to operate in auto and manual mode in addition to being activated by the fume sensor. Without a wiring diagram available, I'm going to use the color code chart that @zipper was kind enough to share with me. Being that I have the 12" connext screen, I don't want to be probing too much with my multimeter. I will ohm the circuit from the helm to the blowers to confirm the circuit. I want to make sure the blowers don't get activated simultaneously and the controls are independent of each other. Any insight is appreciated in advance. Thank you
Have you tapped into the circuit? How did it go? I would tap into the circuit with the fume detector blower control wires with a parallel circuit to the blowers. Not a series connection.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Have you tapped into the circuit? How did it go? I would tap into the circuit with the fume detector blower control wires with a parallel circuit to the blowers. Not a series connection.
Not yet. Definitely agree. Still determining where to connect.