• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How to save money at the pump....up to $1 off

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here in NC one of our local grocery stores offers gas discount points. We shop at Harris Teeter and when they have a 4X gas points offer for gift cards we go and buy $150-250 in amazon cards (we use amazon quite a bit and always spend it). So if you have no points (typically we usually have some points) and buy a 250 dollar gift card, that gives you 1000 gas points. 1000 points=1$ off. That gives us an instant $1.00 off 35 gallons of gas at participating BP and Amoco stations - so we save an instant $35 bucks!

This article lists all the stores that offer this:

Not sure about the 4x offer on buying gift cards....but worth checking!

Share the word. This is cheaper than Sams Club. Please stay away lol

So 1000 points= $1.00 so would you need 35,000 points to save $35.00?

Also GetUpside is a good tool for cashback. I used to use it before Sams.

Kroger here in Atlanta offers rebates like that when you buy gas from them. We save all the points and use them for boat gas.

Here's another good way to save money at the pump:

Here in NC one of our local grocery stores offers gas discount points. We shop at Harris Teeter and when they have a 4X gas points offer for gift cards we go and buy $150-250 in amazon cards (we use amazon quite a bit and always spend it). So if you have no points (typically we usually have some points) and buy a 250 dollar gift card, that gives you 1000 gas points. 1000 points=1$ off. That gives us an instant $1.00 off 35 gallons of gas at participating BP and Amoco stations - so we save an instant $35 bucks!

This article lists all the stores that offer this:

Not sure about the 4x offer on buying gift cards....but worth checking!
Kroger in TX runs same type deal 10x on gift cards

So 1000 points= $1.00 so would you need 35,000 points to save $35.00?
No....$1 off per gallon up to 35 gallons max. For just 1000 points.

My neighbor shops at the same store and never paid attention to the gas points....d'oh! (They expire each month)

kroger here often does 10x points on gift cards. We've been "playing that game" for a few years. Pickup $100 or $200 in gift cards in $25 increments and have them sitting around. We're forever forgetting a birthday or holiday or something, so we'll take a card (we have a stash of those as well) and a gift card, and get that taken care of. We've yet to go a year without using them all up.

Sams is hands down the best way though. I filled up with premium yesterday at $4.55/gal. Was $4.65 across the street for 87. Gas savings alone cover the membership cost. On top of that, you can use the app to fill up, so it all goes to the same card, and THEN get points on the card.

Bad thing about Sams here though, it's popular. Lines to get fuel are usually 2-3 cars deep at lunchtime and after work. My office is literally right next door (I can see the pumps from my office window), so I've been going at 7-7:30 in the morning to avoid the lines.

kroger here often does 10x points on gift cards. We've been "playing that game" for a few years. Pickup $100 or $200 in gift cards in $25 increments and have them sitting around. We're forever forgetting a birthday or holiday or something, so we'll take a card (we have a stash of those as well) and a gift card, and get that taken care of. We've yet to go a year without using them all up.

Sams is hands down the best way though. I filled up with premium yesterday at $4.55/gal. Was $4.65 across the street for 87. Gas savings alone cover the membership cost. On top of that, you can use the app to fill up, so it all goes to the same card, and THEN get points on the card.

Bad thing about Sams here though, it's popular. Lines to get fuel are usually 2-3 cars deep at lunchtime and after work. My office is literally right next door (I can see the pumps from my office window), so I've been going at 7-7:30 in the morning to avoid the lines.

Wonder if you can buy Kroger gift card then buy gas at Kroger with that. I have gotten $1 off per gallon buying the cards but didn’t think to get Kroger gift cards

My Mom lives in The Villages (Florida) and for quite some time has been getting gas cards at Publix when they run a promotion in their weekly sales flyer where you will get $10 off a $50 gas card when you buy $50 or more in groceries.

Jim

My Mom lives in The Villages (Florida) and for quite some time has been getting gas cards at Publix when they run a promotion in their weekly sales flyer where you will get $10 off a $50 gas card when you buy $50 or more in groceries.

Jim
The Villages......as in on Sawgrass in PonteVedre beach?

Wonder if you can buy Kroger gift card then buy gas at Kroger with that. I have gotten $1 off per gallon buying the cards but didn’t think to get Kroger gift cards
I dunno. Don't see why you couldn't though.

The Villages......as in on Sawgrass in PonteVedre beach?

No, The Villages, in the mountains of Central Florida (elevation 74 ft! :D) south of Ocala.

My parents moved there is 2001, from Texas, a week after my Dad retired. Dad passed about 4 1/2 years ago. They both enjoyed living there, love the weather, have lots of friends.

Jim

No, The Villages, in the mountains of Central Florida (elevation 74 ft! :D) south of Ocala.

My parents moved there is 2001, from Texas, a week after my Dad retired. Dad passed about 4 1/2 years ago. They both enjoyed living there, love the weather, have lots of friends.

Jim
Famous place.

Back