• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hurricane prepare

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i live on the coast of nc. The hurricane is gonna hit me head on. Do U think i should fill the boat with water to keep it from rolling? It might float before the storm is over. I am in a flood zone. The boat is sitting right beside my house. I live in a newer subdivision. No trees.

I'd get the boat out of there before it hits!

If I were leaving I would take it. If I didn’t just buy two new trucks I’d use this as an excuse to buy a new boat.

My .02 besides relocating trucks, boat, and most of all family out of the path would be to find some beefy and long temporary ground anchors. Instead of tying down tight give enough length on the ropes to allow for water level rise but still prohibit floating away. Be careful that you don’t put those anchors through wires or piping underground. Best of luck to you and all in its path. Hopefully just a slight glancing blow for me but pulling the boat off the lift and onto the trailer tonight just to be safe.

It looks like you guys could get hit hard with a stiff wind. I would def try and move the boat and trucks so nothing penetrates them.
florence.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope you all evacuate take your boat and drive out. Ive lost enough to know its not worth saying ever.

I’m dropping my kid off in the mountains in the morning abd coming back. They are saying if you do evacuate it could be 2-3 weeks before you can return due to the flooding. I work for the post office and those bunch of dumb asses expect us to work through it

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds", doesnt say anything about hurricanes! LOL

I'm surprised they haven't got a hurricane plan....guess we don't get enough of them here in NC! I'd be evacuating if I were on the coast.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds", doesnt say anything about hurricanes! LOL

I'm surprised they haven't got a hurricane plan....guess we don't get enough of them here in NC! I'd be evacuating if I were on the coast.
I said the same thing about hurricanes. My works at a different post office and all the clerks there called out sick. Good luck running that office.

Do NOT fill your boat with water! If you are in coastal proximity, you may need that boat to get out of there. If the wind is enough to blow your boat and trailer over....you've got way bigger problems.

Seems like a no brainer to me...take the trucks, boat and your family to a safe location out of the target area NOW! This supposed to be a bad one.

I’m dropping my kid off in the mountains in the morning abd coming back. They are saying if you do evacuate it could be 2-3 weeks before you can return due to the flooding. I work for the post office and those bunch of dumb asses expect us to work through it
I worked for the Dept of corrections for 20 years and had the same issue with blizzards in Massachusetts. They expect you to be there. If you called in sick you better have gotten a Doctors note.

Lost everything. Water was chest high in my yard when we evacuated. Got my truck out but the inside of that flooded. Wife’s brand new truck was filling with. Water when we left the house.

Very sorry but SO glad you were able to get out!

Morehead. New bern. None of these more nothern edges were in the pregame news. Everything was focused on landfall wilmington.

I learned of snapchat vids posted by people. Good eyes on the ground for local hits. Vs the news that goes to the destruction areas

@Marvin willis

You got all of your loved ones to safety, correct?

Back