• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2019

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beyond the precise gps based speed control which others described well above, the engine synchronization is a huge benefit. We also love the ability to store different riders and activity settings. No need to remember people's preferences on speed. Now we can focus on the rider and finding the best water for good rides without worrying about speed control.
We found that wakeboard speeds tend to be close to going on plane. That made holding speed in the 16-18 mph range required a lot of adjustment, and getting a smooth ride was tough. The Ride Steady eliminated that headache.

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My better half is going to kill me when she sees the CC statement! Ugh! @J-RAD I'm blaming you!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My better half is going to kill me when she sees the CC statement! Ugh! @J-RAD I'm blaming you!!!
She'll be mad right up until the point she uses it... Then she'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought the old mechanical system for my 230 (I will refrain from naming it here! LOL), and I called it "The Marriage Saver".....perfect speed every time! This solutions looks so much better....money well spent!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are three boat mods that my wife thought were money well spent. One is ridesteady, the other two are an easy to use anchor that works on our lake (box anchor for me) and seadek. My wife does not like how much time I spend on boat mods but ridesteady is fairly quick and easy. Getting your better half to enjoy operating the boat will lead to using it more as well. Ridesteady certainly fits that bill.

One of my best days on the lake last year was just me and the wife on a federal holiday but the kids were still in school. With ridesteady and a panoramic mirror she was able to pull me wakeboarding and wakesurfing with only her on the boat and me pull her as well. Removing the need to monitor the and try to maintain speed in vian makes this safely possible and without any arguments. We also did that on multiple Friday afternoons last summer when we planned getting out of work early. We would hit one of the restaurants on the lake afterwards too. We have fun with the kids too but they get much more of the rope time when on board. Getting that one on one quality time in this fashion can be amazing and is a welcome departure from the normal date night.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought the old mechanical system for my 230 (I will refrain from naming it here! LOL), and I called it "The Marriage Saver".....perfect speed every time! This solutions looks so much better....money well spent!
Per above not just a marriage saver but can be a marrige builder. My wife enjoys operating the boat including tow duties now.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It mentioned b2ing compatible with 2006 and new sx210... not the 230? I would assume its same as the 210 just 2ft longer.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It mentioned b2ing compatible with 2006 and new sx210... not the 230? I would assume its same as the 210 just 2ft longer.
Need the APS (accel position sensor) modules... Strangely enough, the older non-HO MR-1s in the 210s have those, while the 230 MR-1 HOs have a mechanical cable link all the way to throttle bodies.

--

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski seriously, how are you so fast to respond? :)

@Wisefam22 Yamaha didn't introduce the APS sensor (that @swatski referenced) until the 240 boats, unfortunately. So, we have no way to interface with your engine. I believe Perfectpass would be your only option for a speed-based cruise control.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski that's crazy same year different size and they didnt give us the goods.. it's probably a good thing. With latest purchases I'm up to about 3k in Mods this winter.

Only thing left is some complete stereo overhaul, integrated ballast/pump and perfect pass if I go that route.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How does this compare to perfect pass? And is ridesteady not compatible with the 2010 212x?

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How does this compare to perfect pass? And is ridesteady not compatible with the 2010 212x?
There are quite a few differences between Ridesteady and Perfectpass. You might check out this table here: Hydrophase Ridesteady For Yamaha Jet Boats vs. PerfectPass Stargazer | HYDROPHASE LLC

But, in summary, it's an easier to install, easier to use, electronic-based system (i.e. no electrical motors) that has many more features, including engine synchronization. Unfortunately, the 2010 Yamaha 212x does not have the "APS" sensor that we connect to, so Ridesteady would not be compatible. :(

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How hard would it be to install an APS sensor?

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How hard would it be to install an APS sensor?
Essentially, you'd have to replace the engines. Although we interface with the APS sensor, much more is required to make the conversion, including a new throttle body, engine computer, and likely a lot more.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length