• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

i don't think water is suppose to be there.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r .. Thanks for your info.. the first time i take off that tray i am going to replace it with the gasket instead of the caulking.. i like that idea much better.. i am wondering if i had known that the bilge cycles on and off on its own and had it on if i would have even noticed the issue.. I am gonna watch it like a hawk today.. first thing is i am gonna inspect with the engines running... and see if the water is warm or lake water.... that will help me narrow it down as well...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
LOL...you notice the pee holes peeing when the lake is quiet and your sitting talking. If the stereo is always on, you probably won't notice inside the boat. For us, it was when we were on the swim deck, both Clara and I, along with Chester...that was enough weight to let it leak in. When we were in the boat, it didn't leak. So good luck chasing it down!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol... txs... but i am on the hunt now!!! stuff like that bugs the mess outta me until i figure it out... i will find it... !!:mad:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went out today with the bilge pump on... noticed it come on a few times but not much... got home and pulled the plug.... very little eater came out.. just about 2 seconds worth of half of the drain hole. That's it.. .... bilge pump on!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went out today with the bilge pump on... noticed it come on a few times but not much... got home and pulled the plug.... very little eater came out.. just about 2 seconds worth of half of the drain hole. That's it.. .... bilge pump on!!!
The bilge pump did its job, but you still have a leak of some sort. Just make darn sure you always boat with the bilge pump on, and have a good battery. I'd still hunt for that leak. Could just be the leaking drain plug....under a foot of water, the pressure might be making it leak more.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Old screw holes and current ones from the depth sounder could do it.

It might be worth filling your bilge up with 15 gallons of water and look to see where it drips out of on the outside of the hull.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did that thus morning... just a few slow weeping drips from the drain plug.. the water droplets would building the underside of the hull but not even enough to drip except for a few drops

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe he already filled the bike and had no more than a slow drip. I'd check the tube that attaches to the cleanout tray. That been off on both of my Yamaha boats. A day of tubing will slosh tons of water into the clean out tray... plenty will go into the bilge regardless, but having that drain hose disconnected means there will be a lot more. I could see that easily being enough to flood the lockers after several hours.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry I missed that test was done already. I think you found the issue. That slow drip will increase drastically under a couple thousand pounds of boat. Pull the plug and reseal it.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sooooo... remember the depth finder I installed?.. well it appears my thought of..... that should be enough sealant ....... where the lines goes through the transom was a little permature!!!! Next step.... more sealant......

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't add to it, strip it all off and start from scratch. Clean it off well first and remember that it's not how much sealant but where you put it! Try to force it into the hole around all sides of the wire.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf ... roger.. I thought I forced enough into the top from the access ports in the swim platform... obviously I was mistaken... I just had a small tube of it and was squeezing it in there like squeezing a tooth past tube.... maybe I should go with the caulking gun route??

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A tube versus a caulk gun makes no difference, as long as you seal it tight.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well that will definitely cause water to back up and seep through the hatch lid (one between the clean out plugs) and into your bilge. That's of course dependent on how much water is there.