• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

i don't think water is suppose to be there.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That kinda explains why we took on more water when tubing.. the stopping flushes water over the swim deck and it only drained into the hull not down the drain tube..

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the front bow hook as well. It might have been mentioned already.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where r all thr plugs on a 15 I know one in the ski locker where else

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where to buy SS clamps for hoses under the swim platform? I have a 2014 AR240. Anyone have a link or part number? Thanks, Derek

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where to buy SS clamps for hoses under the swim platform? I have a 2014 AR240. Anyone have a link or part number? Thanks, Derek
Hey @Noko if your boat is a 2014 you should be good to go still. I boat in salt water (not sure if you do) and my boat was about 7 years old before I had an issue. Doesn't hurt to occasionally take a peek down there to check and spray them with some Yamalube or T-9.

But you can pick up some SS Clamps at just about any hardware store (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware) or West Marine. No part numbers. I went on size. I looked under there and counted the different sizes I needed. Still had to go back and get more. But I keep extras on the boat too, just in case I'm on the water and need one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not a bad idea to double up your clamps for peace of mind. Those big clamps in stainless can get pricey but worth every penny to ensure you don't sink!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went out today... the bilge pump never came on once... when we pulled out of the water and pulled the plug.. very very little water ran out.... I think we solved the water propblem..

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's great news!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was out yesterday to test out my chartplotter install I noticed my bilge pump come on 3 times. Probably came on a bunch of times that I didn't notice. That was pretty surprising because I was only riding around with no pulling. I have a 4 day trip planned for Memorial Day with the boat in the water so I sure don't need to be dealing with a leak. I decided I needed to do a little reading before filling up the bilge and looking for the leak...not looking forward to it. As I read it occurred to me - when I installed my transponder I had to remove the rear deck tray and to set it out of the way I had to remove the drain hose. I don't remember reinstalling it when I put everything back together. Fingers crossed that that is the cause or I guess I'll be spending the next few days playing sleuth.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was out yesterday to test out my chartplotter install I noticed my bilge pump come on 3 times. Probably came on a bunch of times that I didn't notice. That was pretty surprising because I was only riding around with no pulling. I have a 4 day trip planned for Memorial Day with the boat in the water so I sure don't need to be dealing with a leak. I decided I needed to do a little reading before filling up the bilge and looking for the leak...not looking forward to it. As I read it occurred to me - when I installed my transponder I had to remove the rear deck tray and to set it out of the way I had to remove the drain hose. I don't remember reinstalling it when I put everything back together. Fingers crossed that that is the cause or I guess I'll be spending the next few days playing sleuth.
That's exactly what it was! What an idiot I am sometimes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another tip for finding leaks is use a night vision camcorder (small one)....pull the covers in the clean out and stick the camera in there while on the water...narrate where you are pointing it while you move it around slowly....I've heard you can sometimes spot the leak source this way.

Jim Cosler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One last area where we've seen some people have leaks is the anchor locker drain. On some models, the connection between the drain and the locker was not sealed. When the bow is loaded with people and driving at no wake speed, water would put into the drain hole and leak through the fitting, OR would push into the anchor locker, and the locker itself would leak.
I'm with Julian on this one. The only time I had any considerable water in my boat was when I had five people in the bow and going through some big waves. Was totally shocked when I opened the ski locker and it was entirely full of water. I think it comes in the anchor locker drain and have since put a cork in that poorly designed hole. The drain is worthless anyway as it isn't even in the low point of the locker. Anyway, ever since my boat had been bone dry.