• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Idiot on the lake

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So my wife and I just picked up a 2012 Sea Doo Challenger 210 SE on Tuesday and we took her out yesterday to our local lake for some quality bonding time with our new boat. We were there for several hours before meeting the lake douchebag at the sandbar.

We had the rear of the boat secured with an anchor pole and this guy rolls into the sandbar area pretty fast, throwing a wake for all to enjoy. He had a few friends with him as well, 1 boat and 2 other skis. They were about 25-30' off our starboard side and there were roughly 25 boats at the sandbar as well. His friends seemed nice, but this guy just locked on to us and felt the need to be a douche.

He starts idling and circling the anchor pole and he was getting really close to hitting the rear of our boat, so I step out on the transom and prepare to put my foot out to push him away. He then tells me not to worry as he can pay for it??? I replied I'm not worried becuase I'm not going to allow us to hit, he can keep his money.

He went back to his buddues after a few minutes, but he kept smiling at us and kept talking smack about our boat (he drove a Yamaha ski with sweet chrome speaker bullets on it).

We decide to head out to the center of the lake and chill. We're both sitting on the platform with our feet in the water and we see a ski heading straight for us going full bore. The ski turns slightly and buzzes us barely 4' off the startboard side and proceeds to soak the hell out of us.

We both get up and realize it was the douche from the sandbar earlier. There's a cop about 200' away who was too busy playing on his phone to see what just took place, so I drive over to him. We explained how the ski now flying into the no wake zone just buzzed us and soaked us. The cop took off after him into the canal.

We pulled up about 10 mins later and the cop still had him pulled over and the man kept smiling and waving to us, to which I politely told him not come near us ever again.

Very strange day. He could easily have killed us. I'll never forget his face or ski. Curious to see if he ever comes back to the sandbar looking for more trouble.

Ahh.....the joys of boating :)

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Next time bring your two friends with you. Smith & Wesson.

What a freak, people are crazy. Sorry this happened. Shake it off and go back and have a fun day. Most lake people are great no matter their background but there are always idiots.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, sadly he will probably continue to do that to people until he hurts/kills someone or himself.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very unfortunate on your first day out and completely inexcusable behavior. Like above, don't let that spoil your fun. Hopefully that punk won't be around too much.

And where are you? Maybe there are some jetboaters on the forum in your area too.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jpass , crazy story. I don't see your location in your profile. Where did this happen?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the up side, as you were wise enough to get LEO involved, they will likely now be a little more on the lookout for him. They have a good deal of discretion, and the good ones will use that discretion on troublemakers...

Sorry also for your trouble with the jerk. It is not always like that...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like the lake's rich kid douche bag that everyone knows about and hates.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's ashamed. No reason for stuff like to happen...but I always have to think that what goes around, comes around. He'll get his one day and wonder "why me??" I like where @jawsf16 is thinking but a little sawed off pump would be my choice. :cool:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Water balloon slingshot!

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We've been going to this lake for the last 16 years. First on a 98 GP800, then on a '93 B1 and an '88 650sx. After that, it was a '92 Ski Nautique, and now it's the 210. Over the years this lake has become a magnet for jetski idiots. The public ramp is a nightmare. It's very small (less than 20 parking spots). The jeskiers come and bring their entire extended family so they can all hang out at the dock and make life fun for everyone. We have been lucky enough to get a key to a friend's private ramp, so we can avoid that powder keg. The guy had to be in his late 20s early 30s, he was by no means the rich spoiled lake kid.

My friends have been calling me an a-hole magnet forever because if there's an a-hole running around, he's sure to cross my path no matter how the great distance, and enlighten me some new unbelievable douchebaggery. Happens all the time.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a rental...

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you see him again, make sure to get his registration numbers so you can call him in to LEO if this B.S. continues. Hopefully the Sheriff got his attention.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The other side of the coin is that boats seem to love to mess with skies.
They head right at you and when you move out of the way they change course to prove that they are trying to run over you.
They think it's a big joke to pass you under a bridge between the fenders where you have no place to go to avoid them or run up on top of you from behind and soak you.
I even had one aim right at me under a bridge in a no wake zone going full bore and he was a commercial fisherman . I finally mounted a camera in front of me on the ski so they can see it, I just turn it on and aim it right at them as soon as they see the video they stop their nonsense.
So maybe you should video the guy bothering you if he returns and he probably will. If nothing else you can put him on you tube.

hoppersteven

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have noticed any boat with a wakeboard tower is a ski magnet. They think your gonna give them a big wake to jump and they don't care if your pulling someone or not. Never fails as soon as we want to wakeboard they show up in masses

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's to bad you had the experience but you may now be better off and better prepared if it occurs again. I would make it clear that I'm taking video of him. If he has just half a brain that should scare him off. If not hope you have a fishing pole on board, preferable a fly fishing rig. Start casting in his path hoping his intake catches the line.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
WOW crazy day, glad he got his in the end and hopefully that IS the end of it. Better luck on the next outing.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anyone operating a boat or ski who gets close to a boat pulling a skier or tube is an idiot and should be video taped and reported. That isn't just stupid it's reckless endangerment.
I see people drinking all day and doing OTHER things, then they go drive a ski and endanger everyone in the area. Where I ski there s a drawbridge with 5 cameras mounted on it, one is aimed directly at the beach. I let them know the cameras are there and that does scare a few of them away. But there is always another fool to take their place.