• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting algorithm in YJB.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been pm'ing some people in YJB suggesting they look into this forum. Many of these people have serious issues and need advice, many don't get replies at all. However, I've discovered that when I type out jetboaters.net in the message,or copy and paste the link, it either disappears or is has an incorrect spelling in the final post. Not cool!

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yep. It’s been going on for years I believe. I think eventually you will get banned over there for it also, I know some other folks have for various similar transgressions.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's a shame. Their loss in my opinion.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep trying to get the word out over there. After you get banned there, update it in your profile and you'll get a trophy here.

The core group here was the core group over there. It took me a bit to realize everyone had moved (picture the guy walking out of the men's room realizing there's no line at the punch-bowl and thinking "that's odd") but once I came over here I never bothered logging in over there again.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will do. I’ll keep pm’ing folks I guess. There are some serious posts not being addressed over there. One guy I got the word out to received no replies in two days there and received three replies in about 15 minutes here.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL old news.
Let them to google “jet” and “boaters” as one word. You will get banned sooner or later but at least you light be able save some lost souls :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I private message folks over there when I see they arent getting replies. You just have to be creative when typing the address.

If you post our url it is auto replaced with a .

If you post it too often you'll be banned with no warning.

If you look at the member list you see all of us listed at the top of the list (I'm mitchelled over there....or was....now I have a new secret name! Lol)

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Must be a history there that I’m not aware of. I don’t see the two forums being competitive in a business sense. They both seem to be designed to help folks. If they really wanted to help though, they wouldn’t ban people or block content.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I apparently don't exist there anymore. It won't let me log in.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW! That's all I can really say about that. Thanks for creating jetboaters though! I hate it for others who haven't found this yet.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have only posted a few times there. And while i can still log in there, my posts are all deleted. What a bunch of spoiled children.

"YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH MY TOYS!" attitude.

That place sucks anyway. No help or good advice at all, cept to come here!
Thank you for this site guys and Thanks to all the members!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@sunbyrned you may not realize it yet but I think you're on double secret probation at YJB.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
F3C35160-896C-4C25-A2E8-B38280B51ED5.png

Pretty pathetic, actually... nobody home but bots and no particularly interesting threads except for @OCMD giving advice on pricing for a sx230. I didn’t bother to enter the flame arrestor section. I can only imagine the thread activity there. Brian will he happy that I reset my password. 🤣

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 107282

Pretty pathetic, actually... nobody home but bots and no particularly interesting threads except for @OCMD giving advice on pricing for a sx230. I didn’t bother to enter the flame arrestor section. I can only imagine the thread activity there. Brian will he happy that I reset my password. 🤣

Funny....did you notice that the most users ever online was Sun March 31st at 4:09am Eastern time???? Must have been a Russian Spammers convention that morning....with a contest on who can create the most fake accounts on a forum! LOL

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...all that said, when it was the only game in town, the YJB forum was a great place to post a questions.

If you needed a solution someone had an answer or fabricated something (such as Scupper Wrench, tower mooring light, monkey, noodle mods....) to make your boating experience better.

It seems, I don't see that much here anymore since the "gang" moved over to JBN, just a rehash of old ideas from the YJB days.

Maybe because us "old timers" have our boats "modded out" @Ronnie ;) and enjoying the benefits of our countless noodle mods!-don't get me started!

Of course it's probably my depression kicking in (put my boat away for the winter this weekend) so I will take my Prozac and take a nap.....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry your season is over...but as they say in sports...There is always Next Year!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.....It seems, I don't see that much here anymore since the "gang" moved over to JBN, just a rehash of old ideas from the YJB days......
I was on the "old board" before this board existing. Was very much a lurker there, and not a poster. Wasn't an owner yet either.

I think there is plenty of "innovation" going on here. The boats are better now, so the mods aren't quite as impressive in terms of increases in usability as they used to be.

Things I've done to my AR190 that have made it better taht are directly related to this site:
Tower Folding Mod (I simply wouldn't have purchased if it wasn't for this mod...thanks @haknslash !!!)
Helm Storage Door Mod (group effort here from initial concept to final part numbers ordered)
Pump Seal and L13 Cone (Thanks @swatski for the legwork and research on this topic)
Multiple Shade Increasing options (I have an Anchor Shade, but am getting something different in spring)
Tower Mounted Sound Bar
Secondary remote for stereo

Most of those I either wouldn't have known existed, or wouldn't have thought of on my own, but they've all been a big help in enjoying the boat just a little bit more each time I go out.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My work around has been a screen shot of the Jetboaters.net home screen with URL in the address line. Otherwise, my posts and DM's get deleted. Same goes with the associated Facebook page.

So many questions asked over and over, and I so want to use LMGTFY but I know that a screen shot of this site will be much less condescending.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most of those I either wouldn't have known existed, or wouldn't have thought of on my own, but they've all been a big help in enjoying the boat just a little bit more each time I go out.
This is the biggest and most accurate complaint people have about this site! If you keep reading.....you'll find lots more ways to spend your money! LOL