• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iOS 8 warning

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yet another reason to avoid Apple......Now one of my moronic kids is asking me how to take IOS8 off of her phone and put the old system back on. Can this be done? Why don't they listen???? Go DROID and have no issues! So, can the process be reversed?
That's because our moronic kids listen to their moronic friends rather than researching things themselves. My daughter did the same thing. I asked her why she didn't check out the blogs with all the complaints. She just said, "well, my friends all did it." I said, "if your friends all went out and bought a Sea-Doo would you?" She looked at me, like what??? ;)

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And now some buzz around the iPhone 6's ability to bend. That sounds like an undocumented feature and some tech writers are recommending to wear looser shorts when putting the phone in your pocket. Pretty funny
Guess I'll have to toss out all my short shorts!! Ha!!!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It can be reversed, you have to connect it to your computer with iTunes. I spoke with Apple today as I have the update and was trying to get 8.0.1 and install it since the no cellular was only effecting the 6's and I have a 5 but they pulled the update halfway through my download so I am forced to wait for the new 8.0.2... Very disappointed with Apple over this, this is not their normal Modus Operandi with these things.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It can be reversed, you have to connect it to your computer with iTunes. I spoke with Apple today as I have the update and was trying to get 8.0.1 and install it since the no cellular was only effecting the 6's and I have a 5 but they pulled the update halfway through my download so I am forced to wait for the new 8.0.2... Very disappointed with Apple over this, this is not their normal Modus Operandi with these things.
So I shouldn't do 8.0.1 if I have a 5?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can't do 8.0.1 right now, Apple pulled it down after the disastrous release this am.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll wait for a LONG LONG time before I update my IPAD with this disastrous version! Not to mention that I have to clear off FIVE GB of space to do the update!!!!! WTF!!!!! SPACE HOGS want us all to buy new devices with more locked in memory....very lucky I didn't have to pay for this Ipad!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll wait for a LONG LONG time before I update my IPAD with this disastrous version! Not to mention that I have to clear off FIVE GB of space to do the update!!!!! WTF!!!!! SPACE HOGS want us all to buy new devices with more locked in memory....very lucky I didn't have to pay for this Ipad!
I've had no issue with v8, but v8.0.1 was undoubtably premature. The space issue for the upgrade is a bit overplayed, it's temporarily needed for the ATO update, and that much space isn't needed if the update is done via iTunes.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Temporarily having to DELETE 3GB of stuff off my IPAD is a PITA....no understatement there.
FYI, if you update through iTunes on a computer you won't need as much free space as needed when updating through the device settings. I think maybe only 1.3GB is required through iTunes.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Temporarily having to DELETE 3GB of stuff off my IPAD is a PITA....no understatement there.
Julian....I believe that if you upgrade your device through iTunes on your computer, using the USB cable, you don't have to delete any data. I had the same issue with my iPhone 5 and upgraded this way without having to delete anything.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I downloaded iOS 8 to my iPod Touch 5th Gen. The battery was already failing so I can't tell if it is worse or not. But web pages open very slowly.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I use all day long, then switch to the iPod Touch for bedtime so I can check the news etc in the morning. The daily switch from iOS to Android is wearing on me, and Android is definitely winning. With the battery failing in the 2 year old Touch I think I'll abandon it and just stick with the S3.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length