• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the 25' has the same rear walk through as the 27' I'll have a nice used 2019 AR240 for sale! ;)
lol That's we he said he saw on the new design - fingers crossed

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have it on good authority we get 275 seats and on the X we get 500hp.

All of you wishing for the walkthrough and lounge seats of the 275 may want to check your state's towing laws. Or better have a narrow butt.

The 275 is Yacht rated and above the legal width limit to be trailered in most states without a special permit. (thus the reason a trailer is not standard equipment) If they put in those wide lounge seats and a walkthrough, it is going to either by really narrow, or they would be punching the hull out past 8.5' beam. The swimup seats would still be nice!

So be careful what you wish for, unless your boat never goes down the highway. And yes, we know there are 275 owners trailering on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean it's legal everywhere.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg Good point, may not be feasibly doable with the walk through. A wider beam 25' would sure be a big detractor, definitely a no go for us. We trailer everywhere here in Michigan.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
AWESOME, which model? What dealer? What’s delivery eta? Did he confirm 275 seats and 500hp?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of you wishing for the walkthrough and lounge seats of the 275 may want to check your state's towing laws. Or better have a narrow butt.

The 275 is Yacht rated and above the legal width limit to be trailered in most states without a special permit. (thus the reason a trailer is not standard equipment) If they put in those wide lounge seats and a walkthrough, it is going to either by really narrow, or they would be punching the hull out past 8.5' beam. The swimup seats would still be nice!

So be careful what you wish for, unless your boat never goes down the highway. And yes, we know there are 275 owners trailering on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean it's legal everywhere.
In FL it's rather easy to get a permit for the entire year to tow up to a 10' beam. Most people don't even get it but it's easy and cheap. I agree some states are a killer on it. Even if you go down in to the FL Keys you have to have a special use permit that the FL State one doesn't cover. That being said I doubt they will go over the 8.5' limit on the 25.

Also, the Scarab 255 has the similar walk through lounge seats.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length

Witness this huge issue on the regal 2500 (8.6 beam)

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Most new boats out in the 23’-26’ are 8.5 beams and have a true walk-thru Transom’s.....so Yamaha could replicate the 275 loungers but cut off 3” on each. I’m just hoping for a true walk-thru Transom.

I just hope:

1) the styling is NOT the same as the 275
2) the 500hp option doesn’t put the price in the $80k-$90K range.......

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Most new boats out in the 23’-26’ are 8.5 beams and have a true walk-thru Transom’s.....so Yamaha could replicate the 275 loungers but cut off 3” on each. I’m just hoping for a true walk-thru Transom.

I just hope:

1) the styling is NOT the same as the 275
2) the 500hp option doesn’t put the price in the $80k-$90K range.......
I think the '20 242x's were already in the mid 70's range iirc? Just gonna throw a guess out there of 90-100k on a top trim 25' with twin svho's.. Of course always optimistic! 😌

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think the '20 242x's were already in the mid 70's range iirc? Just gonna throw a guess out there of 90-100k on a top trim 25' with twin svho's.. Of course always optimistic! 😌
Notice I said “hope” they are not in the $80-$90 range...your right the X will for sure be in the $80’s and possible $90’s if the 500hp is standard.

I am hopeful a non-X gets the 500hp option. Scarab and Vortex give engine HP options......I doubt Yamaha will do that...but I can hold out hope until the 12th :)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
240 months - nice advertising trick.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No more 24'. Just another dealer trying to churn up some sales and deposits and a bit of deceit. Some will do anything for sales.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am hopeful a non-X gets the 500hp option. Scarab and Vortex give engine HP options......I doubt Yamaha will do that...but I can hold out hope until the 12th :)
Yeah, I remember looking at the 24' vortex vr when those ace 300 motors came out. Was tempting, but their NAP pricing kinda shut the door on that conversation. Wound up being able to deal a bit on my 242lse (at the time Dec '18) between a couple dealers and at least felt like I got a better deal. Regardless will be interesting to see figures on the 25!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll trade a narrow walkthrough for more butts in the seat That Real 2500 looks like a 2 butts per seat scenario.

I think I'd be more worried about the luxuriousness impairing the sportability of an X series model. If they were a car manufacturer they'd carry over the 24' hull for AR and X models. I don't think that is a practical option for them.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I the only one not wanting the SVHO motors for fuel consumption reasons? LOL My 2019 AR240 will hit 50MPH easy but I never top it out. Most of the time I'm cursing less than 30mph. SVHO is going to need a much bigger gas tank to keep a decent range.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Real surf capabilities can only be attained with a v drive no hull design or ballast will help, the jet wash knocks the board out from under you if you get anywhere near it. You can go ropeless in a small pocket I have more fun on the surfboard with a long 70' rope at 14mph
Says who...

9DF4A5F1-A1FC-4FF2-8348-0935BFD968EF.png