• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet today gone tomorrow. ( Venting a little winter frustration ) and just a good typical discussion.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why am I tagged? V- driver? :p

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guess the tag brought some of us old guys back lol... Like some I have moved onto a v-drive but because this is one of the best forums I've had the pleasure of being a member on I still check back often to see what's up in the world of jet boating. Sure I don't post often, but have always replied to old treads I was originally part of to offer any help I can. I still strongly recommend jet boats to loads of people based on their usage cases. If it wasn't for my desire for a surf only machine I'd still be in my 212x instead of my Nautique G23. Obviously don't think the post was about me, but thought I'd chime in anyway and say hopefully I will still always have a home here! Now back to watching the snow melt ever so slowly!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where I have a problem is if someone is talking about wake surfing or wakeboarding or anything else and someone with an inboard... "should have got this or that" This is our board. We didn't make you sell your boat, that was a choice also. Let us love what we have because this is our place to do it.

It was once said ( many times over ) the greatest thing about owing a jetboat is our board and that is very true.
Gah I said I wanted to leave this thread but here is my last attempt to explain myself.

Well first off thankfully I don’t answer replies with just a “should have got x boat”. That is something a troll with nothing productive to add to a conversation would say. Do you think I’m a troll like CT was? I hardly think you do but at this point I really don’t know what to think people think of me on here. All the sudden I’m being ousted like I slept with someone’s wife on here or at least that is what this feels like. Look, I usually try and make it a point to at a minimum explain my reasonings if someone is asking a question what might be best for them. I don’t think I’ve ever said anything to anyone implying they bought the wrong boat like some halfassed backhanded response to someone. Not my style. Anyone that actually reads my posts should know this as I try to make pro’s and con’s of both sides. No single boat is perfect and that includes wake boats.

What I DO have an issue with and what I WILL speak up on is how shitty Yamaha markets these boats as “wake series” boats. You and everyone else on here knows that is a bunch of marketing spin and has got a few unsuspecting owners by surprise when they just dropped $70k+ on a Yamaha “wake boat” and they wonder why the wave sucks stock or why the bags don’t fill or why in general their wave looks nothing like what Yamaha showed it looks like and then they question themselves in their purchase. It is at that time I bring it up, to WARN future buyers what they are getting themselves into. Never once have I ever said you can’t surf behind a Yamaha. You of all people should know this.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see inboard owners on here bashing Yamaha owners for trying to make their boats surf. I mean if you want people to burry their heads in the sand then just say it but personally that would be doing everyone a disservice of not being genuine and honest about Yamaha boats and their slick Rick Marketing scheme.

I don’t have anything personal against you. Quite the opposite as we have worked together on a project. I love trying to help where I can and get these jet boats to put out a decent wave. I think everyone here is grown up enough to understand nobody is trying to take the forum away from you. To think so is just nuts and I honestly can’t see where your pulling this from which is why I specifically asks you to provide some examples so that I can read it for myself and see if possibly you have mistaken what was being said or suggested to someone. The fact you said there are others with this issue leads me to believe there is some background group of folks talking and if there is a problem I’d rather people be upfront and talk to me or whoever they have issues with instead of painting pictures in their minds with wild speculations and assumptions of people’s actions.

BTW I just want to point out something I think may be over looked in all the complaining about v drive posts in the General Section. Notice it does NOT state General JET boating discussion. I’ve seen everything from sail boats, center consoles, cruisers and wake boats openly discussed for years in this section. Now all the sudden there’s an issue. What changed?

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why cannot I dislike something? I would suggest you be more mature and don't wear your heart on your sleeve.
Dude whatever. I’m trying to be civil while under attack and I don’t see what there is to dislike in my post. You’re of course free to do what you like but I would like or simply ask for an explanation just so I can better understand your issue with my post.

Edit - apparently I had you confused with someone else. What didn’t you like about what I said? #baffled

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude whatever. I’m trying to be civil while under attack and you can’t keep your ego in check enough to read what I write and have a civil adult conversation. I’ve noticed your backhanded comments more than once towards me. In fact you specifically came into MY thread just to spew them. I think you just have a personal issue with me for some reason and you can either get over it or ignore me as I plan to do with you.
Ok, sounds good. No I have no problem with you. Back handed comments? I joke a lot. Life is to short man.

edit: I just scanned my post back to Nov 18 . I see no back handed comments. I didn't see any replies to you either. I have not even replied to YOUR thread. @haknslash

As you can see by the screenshot below, no avatar on your thread that I even replied.

hak.png

Last edited:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Wow - I think this is really spiraling. I personally don't see, and hope I wasn't misrepresenting my position, that there any issues with this currently on this forum. I personally don't see an issue anyway. I have felt an uptick of v-drive discussions but that could just be a result of the threads I've been following. V-Drive's are of interest to me both now and more for my future plans. But at the same time I can see where @jcyamaharider was coming from and thought the line of thinking, coming out of that "vent", was a perspective worth listening to. For me personally, it was a perspective vented and the appropriate reaction is to acknowledge it and move on.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gah I said I wanted to leave this thread but here is my last attempt to explain myself.

Well first off thankfully I don’t answer replies with just a “should have got x boat”. That is something a troll with nothing productive to add to a conversation would say. Do you think I’m a troll like CT was? I hardly think you do but at this point I really don’t know what to think people think of me on here. All the sudden I’m being ousted like I slept with someone’s wife on here or at least that is what this feels like. Look, I usually try and make it a point to at a minimum explain my reasonings if someone is asking a question what might be best for them. I don’t think I’ve ever said anything to anyone implying they bought the wrong boat like some halfassed backhanded response to someone. Not my style. Anyone that actually reads my posts should know this as I try to make pro’s and con’s of both sides. No single boat is perfect and that includes wake boats.

What I DO have an issue with and what I WILL speak up on is how shitty Yamaha markets these boats as “wake series” boats. You and everyone else on here knows that is a bunch of marketing spin and has got a few unsuspecting owners by surprise when they just dropped $70k+ on a Yamaha “wake boat” and they wonder why the wave sucks stock or why the bags don’t fill or why in general their wave looks nothing like what Yamaha showed it looks like and then they question themselves in their purchase. It is at that time I bring up it WARN future buyers what they are getting themselves into. Never once have I ever said you can’t surf behind a Yamaha. You of all people should know this.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see inboard owners on here bashing Yamaha owners for trying to make their boats surf. I mean if you want people to burry their heads in the sand then just say it but personally that would be doing everyone a disservice of not being genuine and honest about Yamaha boats and their slick Rick Marketing scheme.

I don’t have anything personal against you. Quite the opposite as we have worked together on a project. I love trying to help where I can and get these jet boats to put out a decent wave. I think everyone here is grown up enough to understand nobody is trying to take the forum away from you. To think so is just nuts and I honestly can’t see where your pulling this from which is why I specifically asks you to provide some examples so that I can read it for myself and see if possibly you have mistaken what was being said or suggested to someone. The fact you said there are others with this issue leads me to believe there is some background group of folks talking and if there is a problem I’d rather people be upfront and talk to me or whoever they have issues with instead of painting pictures in their minds with wild speculations and assumptions of people’s actions.

BTW I just want to point out something I think may be over looked in all the complaining about v drive posts in the General Section. Notice it does NOT state General JET boating discussion. I’ve seen everything from sail boats, center consoles, cruisers and wake boats openly discussed for years in this section. Now all the sudden there’s an issue. What changed?

I don't want this thread to turn hateful. I will shut it down quicker then I started it.

This thread was not directed towards any member specifically. I have the upmost respect for you and yes we did work great together on the project we did together. This isn't a personal attack. I merely noticed that there was an up swing in V-drive conversation lately and said something about it. Nothing more, nothing less. Take at that what you will. This is a discussion board so I brought it up for discussion.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

What I DO have an issue with and what I WILL speak up on is how shitty Yamaha markets these boats as “wake series” boats. You and everyone else on here knows that is a bunch of marketing spin and has got a few unsuspecting owners by surprise when they just dropped $70k+ on a Yamaha “wake boat” and they wonder why the wave sucks stock or why the bags don’t fill or why in general their wave looks nothing like what Yamaha showed it looks like and then they question themselves in their purchase. It is at that time I bring it up, to WARN future buyers what they are getting themselves into. Never once have I ever said you can’t surf behind a Yamaha. You of all people should know this.

From what I’ve read I don’t see this original post as personal to you. I also enjoy seeing what you guys are moving on to boating wise. We all know we get older and boating needs change. I’ve had 6 boats. You’ve had a lot of great input here and should just continue to do so. We will be more than capable of distinguishing your comments from “trolls”. Write on brother

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always try and see both sides of any disagreement even if I am already on one side. In this case some folks felt as if there was an uptick in V drive comments. One person decided to mention it without calling anyone out inparticular. I used a persons screen name as a balanced argument example which may have directed a bit of the apparent disdain towards that person. That was the exact opposite of my intent and I am sorry for that. On top of that I apparently and inadvertently tagged the whole membership because of a glitch in the forum. Not my fault but sorry for that as well. Kind of fitting in a way given the context of that tag as it is everyone that makes this forum great.

The person I specifically referenced has taken us through a long journey with lots of insightful information. He is currently awaiting delivery of his shinny new toy and this thread may be taking some of that shine off before it has even been built. It may have caused some animosity as a result. If nothing else given the contributions over the years he deserves to be able to share that here full proud as a peacock style IMO. I remember when I was in a similar position waiting on my new 242 ls in gray that had to be ordered by my dealer. I was hear learning all I could, filling up online shopping carts, and making a list of things to do. I can only the imagine the misdirected gut punch that this person must be feeling right now and am going to give everyone a bit of leeway in how I take what they post considering this may have got misdirected simply as a matter of timing and being tagged. I also picked up on the gut punch others are felling waiting on new jet boats as v drives are being discussed. Being that many may have made their informed buying decision with a good deal of information from here I can see how an uptick in v drives conversation may cause some uneasiness as they wait on their shinny new toys as well.

I agree that this is a jetboat site and should remain primarily a site for jet boat owners at this point in time. Part of that is supporting the current, future, and previous owners. Especially the ones who have made significant contributions and/or long time forum veterans. Who knows perhaps next year a long time contributing member that has helped lots of people may be getting one of those new surf pontoon things. I would personally like to hear all about it and see tons of photos if that happens. I don't know where the balance will be found but lets try not take the shine off anyones new toys. To reiterate I don't think anyone was being called out specifically except by me as an example of something that I liked in trying to present a balanced argument that then became the underserving poster child of what some think is headed in the wrong direction. In return the person who started the thread also became the underserving poster child of pointing fingers. Let's try not to take anything too personal as this whole thread kind of grew a misguided life of its own IMO.

Congrats to everyone awaiting new toys! Trust that you have made good decisions for yourself as it is a personal one. We can't wait to see the delivery day photos and read posts about your mods! To those with seasoned toys spring is around the corner and we want to see those winter/spring mod posts!

Stay Calm and Boat On!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
why are mommy and daddy fighting?! All joking aside, this is a great forum. There will be disagreements but I've stuck to this place because of how great everyone is on average.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How do you know if someone surfs behind a v-drive??

dont worry. They’ll tell you

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Want to here another v drive joke?

the axis a22

Sorry but they just write themselves.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh I get it bashing on the yamaha :)
I personally hate the obscene 1960s metal flake on wake boats. Plus they have big butts:)
Seriously, what's up with the metal flake? It's not an Impala!

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I read through parts of this to see if I had any interest in what was here since I was tagged and found little to none.
If you have something on the old Mercury Sport Jets let me know. Otherwise enjoy you big new Yamahas etc.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love, love, LOVE my Yami. A Jet Boat is superior for what I need. If I wanted to get Wake Boat insight, I would have joined a wake boarding/surfing forum. For the most part, members here are great and the admins do a great job putting together an easy and informative forum to discuss Jet Boats for the Jet Boat community. I would prefer the V Drive enthusiasts start up their own forum in lieu of trolling this one.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length