• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetcat is back

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks like a Heyday jeboat (just nothing similar looking on the market). Need more pictures, however I do like the layout. What is up front, how big, engines, ect..?

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great looking layout. The only critique I have would be it looks like there is no easy way to step into the boat from a dock.

A full width swim platform on the back or a tailgate like the scarab open 255 would be nice.

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like a Heyday jeboat (just nothing similar looking on the market). Need more pictures, however I do like the layout. What is up front, how big, engines, ect..?
Hi There SPC1 not sure what an Heyday boat is exactly but, if its a go fast fun boat then this is similar.

This version of Jetcat 6 meter (20 ft) is recreational there is also an rescue and military versions.

Up front is double bunk athwart ships, and fwd of the door on port side (opposite steering station) is a head and vanity.

Engines on the prototype are Weber 155hp turbo gas coupled to Scott 2 stage 612 jet units, we get around 65Kms or 35kts top end 6000 rpm but cruise at 25-kts @ 4500-4700 rpm with 7 liters/ hour fuel burn (flat water)

These engines are good for recreational but for commercial work we will go to 7.5 meter (28ft) with diesel power plants and bigger jet units 825"s

As you can see there is a rear door for easy access from the water or dock (stern in) this door folds down to 180 deg and has boarding steps set into the design, we also have side door options if required.

We are playing with some ideas for diferent power arrangements i.e. Jet outboards ( gas and diesel ) conventional outboards and also hybrid, Diesel /electric.

Cheers

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great looking layout. The only critique I have would be it looks like there is no easy way to step into the boat from a dock.

A full width swim platform on the back or a tailgate like the scarab open 255 would be nice.
The MfM thanks for your comments , there is a rear door that folds 180 deg with steps designed into it, also side doors (port or stb or both ) are available.

There are two small duck boards above the jet units so you can stand beside the open rear door for deck showering etc

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The MfM thanks for your comments , there is a rear door that folds 180 deg with steps designed into it, also side doors (port or stb or both ) are available.

There are two small duck boards above the jet units so you can stand beside the open rear door for deck showering etc
Thanks, I didn’t notice the grates above the jets in the pics.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seems pretty under powered? Have you looked into Indmar's new 2.3L EcoBoost jet package?

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That JetCat is a very interesting concept, although I would like to offer one bit of caution. Referencing a previous post from 2016, the $100k plus market may be a very difficult market to find a niche following in; simply for the sticker shock alone. In my opinion, jet boats, specifically Yamaha jet boats, have done very well in the US market primarily because of 2 things:

1.) Their boats start in the $20k range with their TOP of the line boat priced at $74K (2017 pricing) (prior to the new 27ft being released) allowing them to appeal to a large market of boaters (79% of US boat owners have a household income of less than $100k (see attachment for source data)).

2.) The swim platform on a Yamaha is the #1 selling point of their boats. Obviously they have many great attributes and just as many quirks that may or may not be desirable. However, I knew the very first time I stepped on a Yamaha that I was going to buy one, simply because of their swim deck. Without it, I would have likely never considered a jet boat in the first place.

As for your prototype, I think it is a very interesting concept and exciting to see a boat builder on this site. I think everyone on this site wishes their particular jet boat manufacturer had an account, so that we could provide detailed feedback. That said, I have plenty of feedback to provide, but I do not want you, or anyone, to feel like I am nitpicking your prototype. I think jetboaters.net does a very good job ensuring everyone, regardless of brand feels welcome. After all, jet boats are a small market (getting bigger all the time), so we have to stick together. I look forward to seeing updates as you begin to develop a working model. Thank you for sharing your vision with the community.

Attachments