• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED Trailer Lights

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
LED Store 6” oval red LED trailer tail lights, it has 10 super bright LED colored lights that can deliver full visibility at night. Submersible in water and waterproof

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That connects to the connection plug between your truck and trailer. Should be brown for both brake lights, yellow and green for turn signals and white for ground.
Just to clarify:

brown is for all marker lights (at night)
yellow left turn/brake
green right turn/brake
white ground

My 2 cents - I always unplug as I'm prepping the boat for launch so the bulbs are cold when the trailer hits the water. This ensures my vehicle is protected from any potential shorts. This also means the surge brake lockout is not energized, but I use a magnetic lockout pin to release the brakes for backing into the water. Been doing this for years so it's routine.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I recommend Wellmax LED, Energy-efficient, and cost-effective.
You could see some review here

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just to clarify:

brown is for all marker lights (at night)
yellow left turn/brake
green right turn/brake
white ground

My 2 cents - I always unplug as I'm prepping the boat for launch so the bulbs are cold when the trailer hits the water. This ensures my vehicle is protected from any potential shorts. This also means the surge brake lockout is not energized, but I use a magnetic lockout pin to release the brakes for backing into the water. Been doing this for years so it's routine.
Magnetic lock out pin? Can you show us what you are talking about?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not saying you can’t have a problem but since I switched my lights to LED I have not had a problem leaving them plugged in.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@SCP1 Yup, bought a two pack of the orange ones in case one breaks or is lost. The magnet holds it in securely so no fussing with the stock key shipped with the trailer that is designed to fall out when you pull forward. I pop it in as soon as I unplug the light cord.
Thanks, so do you just rap the cord around the trailer then so end of the cord stays dry and high?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks, so do you just rap the cord around the trailer then so end of the cord stays dry and high?
You could, I just put the cord in the holder beside the tongue. I'm not too concerned with it getting splashed, just don't want it dunked when it's live and connected to the truck.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Ok guys I’m done replacing bulbs looking for a full LED replacement for both sides. Thinking like take the old one off and smash it and put a new LED unit on. :winkingthumbsup" Do you guys have any recommendations on a preferred vendor or part number?
I just purchased submersible LED trailer lamps from etrailer.com. My new Shorelandr trailer (2021) came with incandescent bulbs which are not even sealed. For $60, you can replace both rear lamps, and the rear marker strip with sealed LED's. I was told by the dealer to leave my trailer plugged in when launching because I need to keep the brake bypass solenoid active. I was told my trailer had sealed LED's so I shouldn't have any issues. When I checked the lamps, I was appalled to see bulbs that I could touch with my finger. $5k for a trailer, and they don't even give you LED stop lamps. CAF.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I can give you my recommendation on the specs you should look for based on my experience. Definitely LED instead of incandescent. Look for submersible lights with tinned wires. Not sure if you launch in saltwater but untinned wire will corrode because the saltwater permeates the insulation.

I know most don’t but I always unplug before launching. Old habit. Before LED’s I used to coat the incandescent bulbs with clear silicon rubber and this reduced the chance of the hot bulb popping.

To back the trailer when I unplug the lights I would plug in just the last connector for the brake. Just turn the flat plug at a 90 degree angle. Since I launch in saltwater I changed to a military plug that won’t corrode. Got tired of cleaning the corroded plug every time. Now to bypass the brake I just stick in the hitch coupling locking pin to the prevent the coupling brake from collapsing. Etrailer is a good source for LED’s. Most suppliers don’t know if their light wires are tinned or not. Not an issue if you are only fresh water guy.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I can give you my recommendation on the specs you should look for based on my experience. Definitely LED instead of incandescent. Look for submersible lights with tinned wires. Not sure if you launch in saltwater but untinned wire will corrode because the saltwater permeates the insulation.

I know most don’t but I always unplug before launching. Old habit. Before LED’s I used to coat the incandescent bulbs with clear silicon rubber and this reduced the chance of the hot bulb popping.

To back the trailer when I unplug the lights I would plug in just the last connector for the brake. Just turn the flat plug at a 90 degree angle. Since I launch in saltwater I changed to a military plug that won’t corrode. Got tired of cleaning the corroded plug every time. Now to bypass the brake I just stick in the hitch coupling locking pin to the prevent the coupling brake from collapsing. Etrailer is a good source for LED’s. Most suppliers don’t know if their light wires are tinned or not. Not an issue if you are only fresh water guy.
Thanks...I'm a fresh water guy....already converted my lamps. Got them from etrailer, and they are excellent quality.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You can buy plug and plays from Shoreland'r - first mod I did to my setup. $55k boat comes with lamps from 1983. LAME.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
found them for $20 less at www.easternmarine.com
LED is the way to go. I have them on all of my trailers, toy hauler to boat. I put IP67 on anything other than a boat/jet ski trailer and IP68 rated for the latter. 67 gives you dust and submersion protection for 1 meter for 30 minutes, 68 gives you fully sealed to 10 meters or no damage if water does intrude. IP68 is a bit more spendy.... but lasts longer.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You can buy plug and plays from Shoreland'r - first mod I did to my setup. $55k boat comes with lamps from 1983. LAME.
Yup I'll be ordering a set from my local dealer this spring to replace the stock bulb set - they're not terribly bright during the day and I want brighter brake lights. There's a kit available that has the left/right lights plus an LED center marker replacement. The rest of the marker lights on the trailer are already LED. Everything is plug and play in the kit - the part number is TA0126 per Shoreland'r

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is what I got. It is an exact replacement for shorelander so you don't have to cut or splice any wires.

Shorelander 5110570 Submersible... Amazon.com: Shorelander 5110570 Submersible LED Left Side Tail Light: Sports & Outdoors

And

Shorelander 5110569 Submersible... Amazon.com : Shorelander 5110569 Submersible LED Right Side Tail Light : Boat Trailer Lights : Sports & Outdoors

Does the left side/drivers side have a license plate illumination light? From the pics on Amazon it doesn't look like it...

Edit: Read the questions on the amazon posting and the 570 has a bulb facing down for the license plate illumination.

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes it has illumination light as well.

SamAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered these on Monday and they hit the deck Friday. Install was plug n play and I can’t believe how bright they are. Major improvement! The left side has a light for the plate and the right does not so make sure you order both part numbers.

Attachments