• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking for purchase few add-ons.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting my first Yamaha jet boat, 2013 212x to be exact. Just browsing the site a bit I noticed below are some of the popular items that other owners add on.

Below are my questions on this.
- Is there any other that I should consider starting out?
- and are there any discounts/coupons that I could take advantage of to acquire these?
- Where is the best place to purchase these?

Add-Ons:
- BoatBuckle G2 (Purchased from Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/BoatBuckle-Re...TF8&qid=1435258713&sr=8-1&keywords=boatbuckle

- Stolz Ultimate Bow Stop

- Cobra Steering Venom Ultimate

- Tru-Lock 2

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
The bow stop is a must. The stock one marks the front up too much. The boat buckles are not a must but they are very convenient. I'm adding them to my new X as well. The fins, IMHO not so much. While they do improve steering they don't improve the learning curve. I am not saying don't get them but go out and learn to drive the boat without them, then when you get confident then add them if you still want more control. The true locks I don't think are needed as long as you follow the procedure outlined in the manual. If they are installed and seated they lock. You still have to make sure they are engaged properly with or without so if you need a third deadbolt on your door kind of guy get them, if you are fine with 1 then don't.

Definitely plug locks. I went with the Cobra EZ Locks.
I also have, and like the aluminium Ultimates you've chosen.
I just bought the stainless version of the Boat Buckles, I got them from e-Trailer. Check their prices vs Amazon.

Make a list of stuff that you can get at Advanced Auto Parts, for maintenance, or even vinyl treatment. You can get a 30% coupon and buy online to pick up at the store... the BIGGEST money saver here is for the NKG spark plugs. I always keep at least two full changes worth on hand, just to keep ahead of it.

The bow stop is a must. The stock one marks the front up too much. The boat buckles are not a must but they are very convenient. I'm adding them to my new X as well. The fins, IMHO not so much. While they do improve steering they don't improve the learning curve. I am not saying don't get them but go out and learn to drive the boat without them, then when you get confident then add them if you still want more control. The true locks I don't think are needed as long as you follow the procedure outlined in the manual. If they are installed and seated they lock. You still have to make sure they are engaged properly with or without so if you need a third deadbolt on your door kind of guy get them, if you are fine with 1 then don't.

@Englewoodcowboy I tried to order Stoltz Bow Stop when I ordered the BoatBuckle but they were some what out of stock. I believe we need the 4" one correct? Are there other brands that are good as Stoltz? I like your new 212x. Please post some pictures when you get it.

Definitely plug locks. I went with the Cobra EZ Locks.
I also have, and like the aluminium Ultimates you've chosen.
I just bought the stainless version of the Boat Buckles, I got them from e-Trailer. Check their prices vs Amazon.

Make a list of stuff that you can get at Advanced Auto Parts, for maintenance, or even vinyl treatment. You can get a 30% coupon and buy online to pick up at the store... the BIGGEST money saver here is for the NKG spark plugs. I always keep at least two full changes worth on hand, just to keep ahead of it.

Thanks for the tip. Original owner that I bought the boat from said he has extra Yamalube and Spark plugs that he will be sending so I'll see what I get and stock accordingly. Let me know if you have some good products for vinyl treatment and cleaning that you can recommend.

I'm somewhat on the fence on EZ Locks mainly because you have to drill the part.

Last edited:
I'd get #1 and 3.... Google for the boat buckle pricing. Cobra fins occasionally have group buys....like once a year.

You'll see 303 protectant touted a lot around here. My previous vinyl guy gave me a hint to save money on it, because 303 is pretty expensive: Turtle Wax F21 Protectant. It has all the UV protectants, etc that the more expensive stuff does.

The hole is a little 1/8" hole in a non-structural part. Not a big deal. And, it works... it's physically impossible to have a blowout with the EZ Lock installed properly.

@MOA_Chaser Thank you for the information.

You guys ever heard of "Opti-Coat/Opti-Lens 2.0"? I applied this when I bought my and my wife's car and it really works. It helps to keep the car clean, prevents some swirl marks on the paint and it's hydrophobic characteristics (similar to rainx but for paint) are pretty cool. I have some left over so I may try this on the boat when I get it. I think the version left over (Opti-Lens) can be applied to vinyl and has UV blocking.

Below are couple videos I found on YouTube that shows hybrophobic characteristics of Opti-Coat even years later.

Last edited:
Back