• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Love my Magma but its wobbly! UPDATE: It's fixed!

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all,

I just tried out my new Magma grill today. I bought the suggested parts from Magma including the Catalina Infrared Grill, an extra table poll for my 2014 limited S (from my dealer at delivery) and of course the attachment needed to attach the grill to the poll:

Magma Pow'rGrip LeveLock Double Locking Fishing Rod Holder Mount (MAG-T10-375)
The problem is the standard Yamaha table poll opening is too wide for the Magma Pow'rGrip despite screwing it down as much as I could. Am I missing a part, an adaptor or doing something else wrong???

Despite the obvious issues, I grilled Sliders for me and crew today. All I can say is no more cold cuts for my crew ever again! There is nothing like a hot fresh hamburger off the back of a boat on a beautiful Florida afternoon!1image.jpg

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can screw some stainless screws into the plastic which will make it wider.

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found a solution to this issue but first let me describe the issue. It appears the extra table leg I bought has a diameter that is wider than the table let that is pictured in the Yamaha accessory catalog. The Magna Pow'rGrip LeveLock only gets to a maximum width of 1 15/16" and the inside diameter of my extra table leg is around 2 1/4" making the grill wobbly. I am not sure why Yamaha didn't sell me the right table leg as pictured below but perhaps it was a one time issue.image.jpg

The Solution? Simple. I used a simple square sheet of plumbing gasket material and simply put inside the top of the poll. It decreased the inside table leg diameter enough to allow the Magna Pow'rGrip LeveLock to get enough grip to stay sturdy. The rubber material made it not slip at all. A total cost of $1.99!! Back to grilling off the back of the boat.

image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the Catalina model which is bigger than the Newport pictured in the Yamaha catalog. It fits in the storage closet but just barely but that's ok because we don't boat far away from our house. We also don't use it every outing but I have to admit I love having fresh hot grilled food on a boat!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Lester from looking at the post adapter, do you believe there would be anyway to modify the adapter to fit other grills outside of the Magma line? I have found a couple other stainless grills at a discounted price that I have thought of purchasing. The only reason I haven't is because I really would like to use it on the post like your set up. I understand the cheaper grills will not be of the same quailty but this is an item that I think we will use 4-5 times a season at most. Its hard to justify the Magma cost for so few uses.

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe, It is really up to the grill. The adaptor has 4 holes in it that can probably attach to anything that can take 4 nuts and bolts. The bottom of the Magma Grills have a strong base with holes matching up to the adaptor allowing for this but I have to believe where there is a will, there is a way!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Lester thanks for the insight. I just may give this a try. The wife is also tired of deli sandwiches. This is the first mod she has suggested so maybe I should just take advantage and splurge!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to magmas width adjustable level lock. As long as it fits tightly in the table pole and the grill has a flat surface area at least as big as the one on the mount you should be fine using something other than a Magma brand BBQ. I'm sure they work great, but other than the basic round model they are too big and too expensive for me. I just started using the level lock last year but have been using the same type of coleman grill for over five years without issue. I especially like the fact that it fits in every compartment on my boat except the anchor locker. Ironically, together the level lock and the rod holder costs more than the bbq.

http://www.marinesupplydock.com/Magma-Fishing-Mount-POW-R-Grip-Levelock-Adjustable-Model-T10-375-MMA-T10-375.htm

Cooking station open.JPG

Attachments