• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magic Eraser.....I love them!

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will they work on my black eye? Freak accident at work.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, where is the unlike button on this thing?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The way these work is like a form of very gentle sand paper....so no, I don't use them on everything. Like I said to begin with, I use them on the floor and the UNDERSIDE of the seat and engine areas. Occasionally I will use one on a small top side seat stain, but sparingly and carefully.

If the white plastic undersides of your seats aren't pearly white, they will be after one wipe with a magic eraser. Same with the floor!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Kevin, I truly have missed your thought process! Now if you could just lay the UBB theory to rest!
OK, Mel: I "give." I've read this post three (3) times now.
A) I'll buy Magic Eraser.
Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
B) What is this green earth is Kev's "UBB Theory" ?????????
Do tell. Much appreciated for those of us more mentally challenged. Thanks in advance, Mikey Lulejian

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was commenting on missing a value of -klb-'s thoughtful consideration, and posting of logical and well thought out explanations, on any topic. And challenging him to solve the UBB mystery of chalking. Many of us have theory on the UBB's and honestly, I am only one opinion, but High-density polyethylene (HDPE), is a softer compound than is the surface of gelcoat. It shouldn't even scuff, let alone chaff and chalk the surface. That said, the melamine foam is certainly softer than gelcoat as well...except the it apparently isn't! And there in lies the rub! Pun intended...because HDPE may not be softer down in its basic formulation and only be softer in terms of the formed board...and that just may be the reason. @-klb-

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce to clean the seats. Never used the magic erasers on the seats.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I like the Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce to clean the seats. Never used the magic erasers on the seats.
Just don't use Vinyl Sauce on the gelcoat! It will remove wax! It even has a notice on the label that it will remove wax.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
MeL : First of all, I wanna apologize. I remain a confused, ignorant, and somewhat stewpid boat owner. It's amazing at times that Barbie goes out in public with me sometimes. What does "UBB" stand for, if I might be allowed to inquire. Again, sincerest thanks in advance for answering, and apologizing for acting like "those people" we talk about .... LOL !

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ultimate Bunk Boards is an HDPE bunk board. Mixed reviews on them Mikey.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's amazing at times that Barbie goes out in public with me sometimes.
Mikey, have we ever had the pleasure of seeing this Barbie you talk about? :wideyed:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mikey, have we ever had the pleasure of seeing this Barbie you talk about? :wideyed:
LOL. Surprise, surprise ............ LOL ! "No !"
Ya might if yer a good boy !
Take Care ......... All in fun. Mikey

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Magic eraser made the seats on a 2001 boat look new. I will definitely use some protectant on them since the magic eraser (aka, sandpaper) definitely wears away any protectants.

Here is a before after pic showing the type of magic:

Seat Cleaning.JPG

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Magic eraser made the seats on a 2001 boat look new. I will definitely use some protectant on them since the magic eraser (aka, sandpaper) definitely wears away any protectants.
Here is a before after pic showing the type of magic:
Many Thanks for sharing. Detailed posts with photos make all of the difference in the world.
I now really wish I had known about this sooner. Sure do appreciate you posting this !
Best Wishes your way ....... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered mine. If ya ain't in a rush, you can buy a BOATLOAD (Qty = 30 !) on eBAY for less than $ 4.00 delivered.
I did not mis-type that ..... Yes "30" of the puppies.
Just a thought for those who gotta watch their "pennies."
Hey ! Y'all have a most Warm and Wonderful week ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started using these almost 4 years ago when Jet Boat Pilot, Will demonstrated them on one of his famous videos. Magic Eraser also works great in the house. I use it on white wood work, doors, walls & hot tub, Again, make sure the surface you're cleaning is white.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still spring cleaning. While I wouldn't use magic eraser on seats consistently, I like to use them once in awhile. New seat gasket installed under the seat bench and I cleaned up, caulked up, and put in new seat screws. I found that one of my fuel vent hoses was facing the floor making it impossible to vent any of the vapors. I tied up the vents so this will not happen again

Much better

IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0965.JPG

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted earlier that I was trying out the ebay versions of the magic eraser. While they are decent since they are cheap, they do not hold up as good as the real thing. I think it depends on the job that you are doing.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought the ebay ones too. You get 50 for around 5 to 10 bucks. You get about 6 of the name brand ones for that price. Just like @4x15mph says, they work the same but seem to wear out a little faster. I give the ebay ones a :thumbsup: