• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meal ideas..??

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for meal ideas for the boat. Please post full meals, meat and sides if you have some good ideas. Stuff will have to be pre prepared and vacuum sealed or put in storage containers. I have a grill so things can be cooked or reheated on there.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Deli meat sandwiches in the cooler. Never had an easy time preparing full meals on the boat, I’d say save that for an overnight trip.

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chicken breast sandwiches and sausage with peppers.... always pre cooked and then heated on the boat. Sides are usually deli salads (potato, macaroni, broccoli/kale). Also hard to beat awesome deli hoagies/subs/heroes cut up ahead of time

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Honestly, I'd rather be boating than cooking. But, the few times we have taken food with us, it's pre-made, wrapped and ready to eat. Sounds like a great idea (making meals for everyone) but in the end you're doing the cooking, cleaning, putting everything back and then cleaning the boat due to accidents and spills. Our boats are not really meant to prepare and cook a 3-5 course meals. These are fun, keep everyone busy, island/sandbar hoppers, pack a cooler with drink and listen to loud music boats. God bless the ones that do. Please PM me, I'd love to join you. I'll bring the beer!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just keep it simple. Pack sandwiches and stuff on board, or grill up some burgers and dogs. We did pack some sous vide steaks once and seared them up on the grill, but more trouble than its worth. Not really a knife and fork kinda meal boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
+1 on deli meat and simple sandwiches pre-packed at the house. We don't cook on our boats and save that for the shore or wherever we're staying.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Deli sandwiches and snacks. I really couldnt be bothered packing all the extra stuff and all the time to cook and clean. In the Northeast the season is already short enough.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bratwurst is my go-to for hot and freshly cooked meals. Take them fresh or frozen. I usually transfer them into a zip lock bag for easy access so that I don't have to mess around with cutting open packages and dealing with uncooked meat juices on the boat. I enjoy grillin while on the water. Having the grill set up on the swim platform is great for socializing while cooking.
Raw veggies and cheese usually round out the meal.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is awesome when someone does grill. Just not off my boat :D

In this video look what Jin was grilling with off the back of his SX240 :D. It was a great day despite the mess it made :D

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Absolutely avoid anything with strong red coloring (Kool-Aid, Hawaiian Punch, red fruit juices, etc.) - these can stain your vinyl. Also, avoid any crackers or similar finger foods that easily dissolve when wet (Cheez-Its are a big offender here). These turn into a nasty, soupy guck that loves to find its way into all of your boat's cracks and crevices - particularly if young kids are involved. Ask me how I know about this! :rolleyes:

White grapes are great on a boat and agree with the crowd on pre-made deli sandwiches. Juice boxes in unsqueezable holsters with natural juices (light in color, no dye) are a great choice for wee guests.

KISS principle applies to all things on a boat... food and other refreshments included.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We pack deli meat sandwiches and some drinks and fresh fruit in the yeti and we also usually bring a bag of chips.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I should elaborate. This will be over a few day stay in the Bahamas. Cooler space and packing is not an issue. I just like to eat good and not the same thing over and over.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Small pork tenderloins marnaided and rolled over your grill is my favorite currently. Oakridge ja love chicken drummies. Thin cheap pork chops grilled with any rub you like. All easy and can be contained in some foil.
Or you could eat a cold sammie.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish I could grill on the boat, and maybe someday I could, but there is just way too much wake motion going on our home lake.

Our 2 "go to" lake lunches are your typical fried chicken picnic and Tapas type lunch that consists of meats and cheese. Nothing fancy with the Tapas stuff, think summer sausage and pepperoni, salami, sliced sharp cheddar, marinated mozzarella balls, cut up veggies and ranch dip, and some fruit. Some Ritz crackers and Wheat Thins.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small pork tenderloins marnaided and rolled over your grill is my favorite currently. Oakridge ja love chicken drummies. Thin cheap pork chops grilled with any rub you like. All easy and can be contained in some foil.
Or you could eat a cold sammie.
This is more like it. I ain't big on cold food.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a sandbar on our river that we all hang out at and enjoy some refreshments and food. We usually take burgers or brats out with us to grill. When we have our beef processed we have burger patties made which make them easy for cooking on the boat. Sometimes I will also cut up a beef roast into strips or cubes, marinate and then grill.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We usually pack BLT sandwiches or something purchased at a deli. There are times we cook on the grille, but mostly just reheat precooked protein. The Galley on the Beneteau makes it easier to prep/serve meals.

20180720_202836.jpg

20180819_191054.jpg

But we eat pretty good on the Yamaha too, we usually grille our food on skewers.

20170617_142203.jpg

Or precook ribs at home and reheat on the boat.

20170704_184327.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I usually let my crew and guests for the day decide if and what we are eating on the water. Sometimes lunch is the goal whether it’s a restaurant on the water of finding a good spot to anchor and grill at. If we are grilling and minors are involved we bring hot dogs and burgers (all the extras are prepped at home like sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc.) for the adults we prep or buy marinated steak, chicken, shrimp and vegetables/kit salads. Other days where cooking and eating is not a primary activity (e.g. we just need to boat to a destination or we are going to be focused mainly on tubing or boarding) we hit a grocery store deli or Togo’s for cold sandwiches (some have learned to ask for plain sandwiches (no mayo, mustard or anything that will make the bread soggy) and they add the wet stuff on the boat before they eat. We always bring chips, dip, candy, Capri suns and other drinks on board whenever we take the boat out. I haven’t had any issues with specific food or drinks so I don’t ban any on my boat. For wine, when we do drink it, my wife uses plastic wine glasses that are built into plastic cups and have a sippy cup like top. I try to keep all glass drink containers off the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe I should elaborate. This will be over a few day stay in the Bahamas. Cooler space and packing is not an issue. I just like to eat good and not the same thing over and over.
Yea that would make more sense.

In that case pack whatever you want to eat. I’d likely precook it all so you’re just adding veggies, toppings and reheating to cut down on time and making a mess on the boat. That being said trying to enjoy food in swells and unprotected seas in a small boat doesn’t sound like fun so I’d probably just grill on the beach somewhere lol.