• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Members in New Mexico, Nebraska and South Dakota?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was just looking over our member map and noticed we still have 3 states with no members listing their location....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS????

New Mexico
Nebraska
South Dakota

That doesn't mean we don't have members from their, they just haven't put their location in their profile. (Point at your name in the upper right and select "Personal Details" - or just click on the link I embedded). Also, if you add your zipcode, the map SW gets your anchor a little closer to your actual location. If you are a privacy advocate you can do one of a number of things:
  • List just your State (really....if someone wants to find you...they won't be using this info to find you!)
  • List yourself in a City close to where you are
  • Leave it blank
But adding your location sure makes it easy for folks setting up local gatherings to @ your name in a post in case you are interested.

Looks like Lake McConaughy is the biggest they have....and is low....(perhaps they've been filling it in! LOL) Looks at abour 75%

McConaughy1941-Present.jpg
That's funny shit!!!!lol

I'm a little offended by all of the negative comments about the great state of Nebraska. I have updated my profile with location info. Yes, there are lakes in Nebraska. I have a Cabin on one of them that is not huge, 2,900 acres, so is plenty Big to have fun on. It's about the fifth largest lake in the state. A lot of our lakes are reservoirs, so in the summer the water levels can drop to irrigate crops. How far depends on the year and how much rain we get. So now you can pick on South Dakota.

See , my evil plan worked!!!!! I knew if we had any members in the above mentioned states and I trash talked a little someone would see it and update their profile!!! ON TO THE NEXT!!!!!:devilhorns::eek::eek:. @Huskerjetboat , I was just ribbing a little, Hell I'm from Illinois I have no room to talk....

I'm a little offended by all of the negative comments about the great state of Nebraska. I have updated my profile with location info. Yes, there are lakes in Nebraska. I have a Cabin on one of them that is not huge, 2,900 acres, so is plenty Big to have fun on. It's about the fifth largest lake in the state. A lot of our lakes are reservoirs, so in the summer the water levels can drop to irrigate crops. How far depends on the year and how much rain we get. So now you can pick on South Dakota.

All meant in jest....and to keep the thread at the top of the list a little longer! One state down!!!

Has the lake you boat on ever gotten un-use-ably low? I know that, as an example, Lake Lanier outside of Atlanta got so low one year that ramps couldn't be used and a friend who had a huge floating dock ended up just letting it ground as he was already walking hundreds of yards to get to it!

A real true friend of mine is from Omaha Nebraska, I asked once what Nebraska is known for, he said corn and potatoes, so I guessed there was no insult, but I'm only. Brit :D. Anyhow, Penny from The Big Bang Theory is from Nebraska, so it's an OK state with me ;):D.

Potatoes? Soy Beans maybe, but not potatoes. Yes, two years ago it got unusably low by August. I have a floating dock in a cove and the 5th of July was the last time we could use it. Couple days later only had two feet of water and was high and dry in a week. Last summer my dock always had at least 4' off the end. At full pool it is about 11'. It also fills up every spring to full pool. They keep it 6' low through the winter, it's easier on the Dam and docks if it is lower.

My profile picture is looking off our Deck at our cabin.

Oh Damn, that sucks!!! Hope it's not that bad for you this year!!!!

@Huskerjetboat Nice shots! Here in Raleigh, apparently in 2006/07 apparently our lake (Falls Lake) was nothing more than a stream due to drought. Worst its been since we've been here is down 2-3 feet thankfully!

I went to school in MN, so if we are on to picking on SD, I guess I can get behind that...

:)

All in good fun.

Oh, and I like the NE 'full' pictures better than the 'empty' pictures--those look like Texas a couple years back!

Hey Julian! There are about nine lakes in New Mexico, but some of them are kind of on the small side, even for desert lakes. Of the larger lakes, my favorite is Lake Navajo, 15,600 acres. It's runs across the eastern Colorado Border, near Durango. I live in Albuquerque, and it's a 3-hour drive. You can also make Conchas Lake to the east or Elephant Butte to the south, and they both are about a 3-hour drive and both decent-sized lakes, 36,500 and 9,600 acres respectively. Caballo lake in the southwest is bout 11,500 acres and Abiquiu Lake in north-central NM is 5,200 acres. There are some other small lakes around.

I'm new to the forum and I'm considering buying a used Yamaha boat. I'm hunting for a way to test drive one, but they don't seem to be popular around here for some reason. We have outboard dealers and wakesurf boat dealers, but I'm not finding too many Yamaha boat dealers.

Had family on Elephant Butte Lake in New Mexico for many years. Spent some time in skis in that lake when I was 8-9 years old. I remember the time always getting cut short because of winds and chop. Granddad only had a 17ish' bass boat, so that might be part of it.

Back