• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac - how did the sea trial go? Did you notice any improvement with the tabs?
They do make a big difference in keeping the boat straight but last weekend we had perfect water conditions , i really what to test them on rough water conditions and see ow much of a difference they will make

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went out last weekend , and they work great but the water was like glass that day, no chop at all, i would like to see how much of an improvement they will make in chop water . Are you guys still going to bimini tomorrow
We were planning to leave Saturday morning but cancelled the reservations at BGC. We didn't want to risk it as Wednesday they were calling 3'+ on coming home Monday and a rougher crossing Saturday. Are you still heading over? @veedubtek and @DieselCamel are down in Key Largo.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you make the 113 miles ok on gas with the rough water coming home from the keys?

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you make the 113 miles ok on gas with the rough water coming home from the keys?
Yes i did.. When i got to marco island from the keys i still had 11% of fuel left .... Our average speed was 35

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok how about Stanley cay to Palm cay or did you make it to chub cay before refueling? Thanks for reply looking at a couple trips for 2017

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok how about Stanley cay to Palm cay or did you make it to chub cay before refueling? Thanks for reply looking at a couple trips for 2017
I had 32 % left when we got to exumas from palm cay

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac Man do I miss it already! Its always incredible to set a goal and achieve it but in this case its really been bitter sweet as what do we look forward to now lol.
I know, i totally agree with you... Cant wait till the next adventure, though it seems like a long wait....

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac Man do I miss it already! Its always incredible to set a goal and achieve it but in this case its really been bitter sweet as what do we look forward to now lol.
I know, i totally agree with you... Cant wait till the next adventure, though it seems like a long wait....
I'm hoping that hurricane Matthew does very little damage to the Bahamas, plus any other areas that gets impacted by Matthew. Otherwise our next big trip might include a rebuild project which I'm not against just hoping it isn't needed.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Please let me know when/what you guys are planning for next year !

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm hoping that hurricane Matthew does very little damage to the Bahamas, plus any other areas that gets impacted by Matthew. Otherwise our next big trip might include a rebuild project which I'm not against just hoping it isn't needed.
Your right , Hopefully the will be alright but it doesn't look so good for them. We might have to bring the hammer and nails along...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a forecast for Sandy Cay which is just little north and west of Staniel Cay, Exuma, Bahamas. Tonight and tomorrow morning looks to be the worst time. I can't image 13' wave (11 am Thurs) when the water is only 10-15' deep in that area.

upload_2016-10-5_6-32-0.png

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a forecast for Sandy Cay which is just little north and west of Staniel Cay, Exuma, Bahamas. Tonight and tomorrow morning looks to be the worst time. I can't image 13' wave (11 am Thurs) when the water is only 10-15' deep in that area.

View attachment 47143

Wow! I can't imagine the Yacht Club not taking a significant hit with that kind of activity.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The interesting thing is the passageweather.com forecast has the Carolinas starting to get parts of the storm Friday and it lingering in the area till Monday then turning around and heading back south to Florida. If that thing hangs around the Carolina's for 2-3 days we will have serious flooding issues again in the low country as our water levels down here are still elevated form all the rain we have had over the last month or so.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After being there this year I really do not see Staniels Cay fairing well at all from this not do I see many of the other islands in that area doing so great.
image.png

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's what Windfinders is showing. It looks like they are getting hammered right now. It's crazy to think of 16 foot waves in Staniel. I would imagine all the locals are on the east side of the island. I never did ride over there, but it seemed like much higher ground.

upload_2016-10-6_1-20-59.png