• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Most) JetSkiers are the scum of the earth

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not saying boaters are perfect, tons of idiots and I have my own gripes especially at the ramps. But generally speaking, jet ski riders are the worst. I can at least talk to a guy at the ramp. Try talking to a rider, he will spray you and rip in a no wake zone (or apparently shoot you). Don’t get started on politics. Florida is the 26th state to take this law.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Last edited:

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Try talking to a rider, he will spray you and rip in a no wake zone (or apparently shoot you)"
I'm really starting to think I'm getting trolled because you can't possibly be that ridiculous! 🤣🤣
Please tell us how you feel about Cops, Women & Minorities.
😃

BIG·OT
Noun
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Seek help. 😂

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok boomer
As I was born in 1960, I’m proud to be a “Boomer”. Have a terrific wife of 30+ years, a great adult daughter, had a career I loved, and starting a very comfortable retirement. Not to shabby to be a Boomer!

Jim

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
As I was born in 1960, I’m proud to be a “Boomer”. Have a terrific wife of 30+ years, a great adult daughter, had a career I loved, and starting a very comfortable retirement. Not to shabby to be a Boomer!

Jim

Attachments

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I should have quoted Jeff in my mock post but he can get pissy at his age.

It gets tiring hearing boomers like my father in law, talk about going back to the wild wild west with changing to a more relaxed carry permit process.

The statistics do not and have never supported this position. There isn't a state that has transitioned from a no issue/may issue to a shall issue carry permit, that has become the wild west.

I live in MD. Over the past decade we have attempted to top the most restrictive states in the US. You would think we live in a crime free utopia. You would be wrong. Baltimore continues to rise among the highest in shootings and murder, despite more and more and more gun laws. It has done nothing and one could argue it has made things worse.

We have finally turned the corner on the permit process but our delegates are still working hard to not allow people to protect themselves outside of their homes.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gentlemen……Let’s relax a touch and stop with personal attacks and name calling. Now, if its known that one of these guys owns a Sea-Doo……then we can call them a couple names. :p

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
LOL, as the father of a millennial, I already know the phrase.

Still happy to be a boomer, no matter how some youngster might use the phrase. 🤷‍♂️

Jim

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can we make this the boomer meme thread?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I should have quoted Jeff in my mock post but he can get pissy at his age.

It gets tiring hearing boomers like my father in law, talk about going back to the wild wild west with changing to a more relaxed carry permit process.

The statistics do not and have never supported this position. There isn't a state that has transitioned from a no issue/may issue to a shall issue carry permit, that has become the wild west.

I live in MD. Over the past decade we have attempted to top the most restrictive states in the US. You would think we live in a crime free utopia. You would be wrong. Baltimore continues to rise among the highest in shootings and murder, despite more and more and more gun laws. It has done nothing and one could argue it has made things worse.

We have finally turned the corner on the permit process but our delegates are still working hard to not allow people to protect themselves outside of their homes.

That biggest study that I know of was done by Gleck in the 90’s. Shall issue ccw results in a 38% drop in violent crime with a 6% rise in non violent home burglary.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The title of this thread is interesting.
Jokes on us, we essentially drive large jet skis.
But I can agree. I rode jet skis for many years and I can say there's a lot of bad jet skiiers. But I rode stand up jet skis so I think that's another category. The barrier to entry is large because they aren't easy to ride. The newers jet skis are like mini boats with go and stop levers, it requires 0 skill to ride it.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
[QUOTE="steveinmd, post: 656371, member: 37857"
[/QUOTE]

Having lived in MD for 30 years, I wonder what the actual numbers are? Baltimore has an awful problem with deadly crime, but unfortunately that is true of many major inner cities. Given, that less than 10% of the state’s population lives in Baltimore, I wonder what the actual correlations are In different parts of the state?

Don’t want this to turn into a gun control thread, but here’s a summary of MD gun laws and restrictions:
  • Universal background checks
  • Licensing
  • Extreme risk protection orders
  • Certain domestic violence gun laws
  • Assault weapon restrictions
  • Large capacity magazine ban
  • Strong concealed carry law
  • Certain open carry regulations
  • Child access prevention laws
  • Ghost gun regulations
  • Location restrictions
I like it so much better when we discuss facts and not generalities.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can we make this the boomer meme thread?
I asked my daughter to give me a phone book. She laughed at me, called me a boomer and lent me her iPhone. So, the spider is dead, her iPhone is broken and my daughter is furious... 🤷‍♂️