• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Camper Cover photos, questions etc

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super looking set-up. I'm going to look into acquiring a set-up similar. When your not using it, does it store away pretty neatly? How does it store away?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had the company that made it create a bag to put it in. Nothing special, just a 1' diameter long tube like bag (4-5' long) that I roll the individual parts up in and I store it under one of the seats.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is an old pic I just found that my SIL took....fishing off the back with my daughter and wife.....taken on Lake Of The Woods, ONT Canada (it was cool that summer...the camper cover came in very handy)

fishing from boat.jpg

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian's cover is the type I want to install, but my wife loves the Limited S bimini and doesn't want to install a second one to attach the rest of the canvas. We have used this type of enclosure on former boats to extend our season and to boat in the rain. Has anyone tried to put this type of canvas on their Limited S? The tower attachment for the bimini seems to make it impossible to do without leaks. Maybe an under bimini attached with straps to the tower and the bimini support poles? Any ideas?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu has an awesome camper cover for his 242 Ls. I can't find the post with the pics now but if he sees this he may chime in.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sysinu, that is awesome! Can you see well enough to get on plane?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu, that is awesome! Can you see well enough to get on plane?
hah! I only ever use this when I'm slipped or securely anchored. Never underway.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is pretty sweet. Nice job!

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been talking to a custom canvas guy; he found this: http://www.1888boattops.com/Yamaha.htmlYamaha_Exterior-250x187.jpg Yamaha_Interior-250x187.jpg Yamaha-600x425.jpg
I like this a lot, but I am still trying to see if instead of the second full bimini he can use straps attached to the tower and rear factory bimini support to make an attachment point/roof under the factory bimini for the camper panels. The original cost in 2013 was $3500, but the fabricator has given tube fabrication up. My guy estimates $4300, which for all of the custom tubing seems very reasonable.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian are you thinking to do something similar to Hydrotherapy 3?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes....I would like to at least get vinyl windows for between the windshield and bimini. Haven't taken it to any one yet.
please post it here or somewhere as I am very interested on it. I might do to the same shop as you although it is hell of drive.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian and @Betik , I admit I didn't read back and refresh on this thread. I wanted to ask you Julian, because Betik may be thinking about this type of a mod, if you see it as useful in the hot and humid south, as you did up north? Our limited experience with the big boat when we had it was that the camper canvas trapped the humidity and using it was just a good way to secure the boat in the slip. Once at the boat, all the eisenglass had to be rolled up or removed because the heat and humidity was just unbearable. At least during the boating season. Now in the early spring and late fall, it certainly extended the boating season. On a cruiser, it isn't a big deal, but on my Yamaha, I would think if I trailered the boat, it would be a royal PIA to store, transport, and then set up all the canvas each time I used it, just for a fall afternoon on the water. If I did have a slip, and the boat was ready to go otherwise, having the camper canvas would be adding several months to the boating season for sure! I do think having the eisenglass between the windshield and the bimini however would be great for stormy days or bigger chop...except once splashed or rained on, it is difficult to see through, and your opening it just to see what your doing.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just looked to see if I had spelled eisenglass correctly. It appears it was a trade name like "coke" and has not been made in decades. Clear vinyl I guess is the product today, but the term eisenglass is still a mainstay in the yachting community to describe the clear plastic glass windows of the camper canvas, that are actually a clear vinyl type product, with a number of different manufacturers of it out there.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes....a full camper cover in the summer traps the heat and becomes a sauna, so we never used our camper cover once we moved south...EXCEPT for the windshield and side curtains when we got caught in a downpour. This is what I want to have made...just the front vinyl "windshield"....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length