• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My fsh additions.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got some more goodies added to the boat. Added some tracks for mounting the Cisco rod holders. A dash organizer and thrust vectors. Finally ready to go get it fishy tomorrow.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
:thumbsup:

My new FSH Sport will be getting the JB organizer too, and a VHF radio mounted in the empty area, on the right side (top shelf area, of course).

I wasn't planning any LEDs, but your boat is making me reconsider installing some LEDs!

Last edited:

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Julian I've done everything except cut the hole for the fish finder. It's been fun making the boat unique to how I want it.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Julian I've done everything except cut the hole for the fish finder. It's been fun making the boat unique to how I want it.
Did you go through the transom or the hull for your transducer? I think your Hook 7 works to its capability with a hull mount, which is what I likely need to do (to get images/accurate depth readings while underway). I've been tossing the hull vs transom method around. I plan to have the Yam dealer drill mine and also drill for 2nd bilge pump. Unfortunately, the service Mgr at my dealership is on vaca all this week, but after seeing him work on someone else's' brand new FSH Sport, I'm excited to have him doing the work on mine. He was installing a complete JetBoatPilot FSH kit when I was purchasing mine (Service Mgr did a transom mount on that customer's boat). Have you considered the FSH SeaDek kit?

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Swimmingly I opted for the shoot thru option. I gave up a little bit by putting it there. I still get depth readings at speed just not good fish marks. I was thinking I'd never use the DSi but have tried it a few times and it is interesting to see a weed,shrub,and rocks on screen side by side with the traditional sonar . I am considering the second pump back in the hull also. Never have too many pumps. Now I just have to go seal up a few things and I'll be pretty well set until I mount the bow mount trolling motor.

I have looked at the sea deck kit. I may go for a partial and just do the floor. Not sure I want the whole kit. Still throwing that one around.

Good luck with your boat. Post up some pics when you get it

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool mods! Interested in what you think of the thrust vectors and what kinda of difference they make.

Mine has the sea deck, and I gotta say I really like it. The dealer already had it on there. I didn't think I would really care but on a hot day like today I really found myself liking it.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really like how the JBP Seadek kit makes the boat look, and I can imagine how much more comfortable walking...and sitting on it must be, back on the swim platform. Here in FL we'll be sitting and standing back there a lot (90 degree water right now). I pan to do the swim platform areas and the side gunnels, maybe the front anchor hatch. I'm gonna pass on doing the entire floor, mainly due to $$.

I saw the dealer/shop installing it on another FSH Sport. Very simple, but no room for error or misalignment.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FisherMcree let me start by saying this is my first jet boat. I ran this boat 4 trips with out and now a short and a long trip. Before I was all over, found out that a little wheel is much better than alot. I got pretty good and felt comfortable with the boat. My wife on other hand , not so much. So I wanted them since I will be trolling at 1.5 to 2.5 mph here. Today at 2.0 with rollers and slight breeze this boat went where I wanted it to. It steered as good as my old outboard did. Made a nice difference for me. Another thing I noticed today, not sure if I was just luck or its the TV's, when docking,i could pull neutral and boat would still go straight instead of turn.

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FisherMcree let me start by saying this is my first jet boat. I ran this boat 4 trips with out and now a short and a long trip. Before I was all over, found out that a little wheel is much better than alot. I got pretty good and felt comfortable with the boat. My wife on other hand , not so much. So I wanted them since I will be trolling at 1.5 to 2.5 mph here. Today at 2.0 with rollers and slight breeze this boat went where I wanted it to. It steered as good as my old outboard did. Made a nice difference for me. Another thing I noticed today, not sure if I was just luck or its the TV's, when docking,i could pull neutral and boat would still go straight instead of turn.
Got the thrust vectors. Totally worth it.