• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Lectrotab Install (full guide included)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just tried mine out and yes they are very sensitive I would bet that they could be even smaller for better range of use and less sensitivity I only go into the fist two lights . They are typically used on outboard motors that get a large bow rise. The jet drives are very loose in the tail end the way the jet thrust propels the boat the slightest bit of engagement allows the nose to drop most out board drives have fins that would create more resistance to the pivot being created . It would be great to see one with about 40% less surface area to see how they perform mine are 9 1/4 x 14 1/2, As others have noted great for choppy water It has also changed the shape of the wake Im very curios to see how its changed when launching wake to wake jumps waiting for warmer water.

The stock set up had a tendency to leave choppy water at the heel side lip for a goofy rider with the tabs we should have the ability to shape the wake better. In the picture below for what ever scenario we had that day left the wake perfect for jumping clean hard lip at the take off fluffy soft water for the landing. This was my secondary reason for getting the tabs first was choppy water smoother ride second quick wake shaping ability. This combined with the ballast should be interesting and fun for this season.

View attachment 152738

For the mounting location the dash boards are all different shapes I liked it just in front of the joystick knob but the 2017 x dash doesn't allow it to sit flat there so it was mounted on the grey pad and its very easy to use while underway.

View attachment 152740
We need lots of pictures of how these shape the wake for boarding and/or surfing. VERY interested in how this works out for you!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tested them out wakeboarding my sons and I ride goofy so our preference is jumping wake to wake on the heel edge ramping off the port side wake lip landing on the starboard wake. Deploying the trim tabs with no ballast made the wake worse my son didn't like the shape . When I went out we loaded the starboard side stock ballast bag to 70% , I had to use the pump jumper cable to get the pump to fill the impeller may have been tight from sitting unused for months Connext was not able to get the pump spinning . The wake was larger and shaped better at 18.5 mph with no deployment. With no deployment they are still changing how the boat rides this is what I thought would happen and that ballast would be needed to make the boat stern squat in the water cant wait to get out and launch off that lip It was similar to having the boat packed with ten passengers . We only had three so a definite improvement with the tabs but ballast is needed

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Tested them out wakeboarding my sons and I ride goofy so our preference is jumping wake to wake on the heel edge ramping off the port side wake lip landing on the starboard wake. Deploying the trim tabs with no ballast made the wake worse my son didn't like the shape . When I went out we loaded the starboard side stock ballast bag to 70% , I had to use the pump jumper cable to get the pump to fill the impeller may have been tight from sitting unused for months Connext was not able to get the pump spinning . The wake was larger and shaped better at 18.5 mph with no deployment. With no deployment they are still changing how the boat rides this is what I thought would happen and that ballast would be needed to make the boat stern squat in the water cant wait to get out and launch off that lip It was similar to having the boat packed with ten passengers . We only had three so a definite improvement with the tabs but ballast is needed
Interesting - so you're saying with the extra surface at the stern, even undeployed, it was squatting the boat like it had more weight?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting - so you're saying with the extra surface at the stern, even undeployed, it was squatting the boat like it had more weight?
If your using the tabs undeployed with no ballast the wake is effected in a negative way . Adding ballast with the tabs undeployed creates a better wake. This makes perfect sense at what I consider a good wakeboard speed 18.5 mph the boat is not on plain at 22 to 25 is when the boat plains so the extra surface area of the tabs undeployed are changing the running angle of the boat and this combined with the ballast is what creates the better wake. We still need to test more the water was kind of choppy and different rope lengths will have you hitting the wake lip at different points.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never have used any ballast, but when testing them just riding around the more tab that was deployed flattened out the wake

sapperfitz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got mine installed today. It was pretty quick (5 hours). I built good templates for the tabs and the controller.20210706_100846.jpg20210706_103054.jpg

Anybody else have about 10 oz. of water come out of any holes?
20210706_094902.jpg
I also had to move my transducer toward the center of the boat. I just had to modify my mount. It attaches to the outermost ride plate bolts. I fabricated this mount back in 2016 so I wouldn't have to drill into the hull. Doesn't really matter now since I've got 18 holes below the waterline. 20210706_181328.jpg
I wanted to put my controller in front of the remote select knob, but on this boat there is a depression in the dash that wouldn't have allowed it to sit flat. I moved the 12v power outlet and put it here.
20210706_144928.jpg
20210706_145923.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't have any water come out of my holes, but later when I was putting in the steering cables and had the hatch off, I could see pooling water on either side of the jet pumps, there is a catch there where the water doesn't drain around into the bilge. Right where you drilled your holes.

@sapperfitz Very nice clean install.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got mine installed today. It was pretty quick (5 hours). I built good templates for the tabs and the controller.View attachment 156103View attachment 156104

View attachment 156105
I also had to move my transducer toward the center of the boat. I just had to modify my mount. It attaches to the outermost ride plate bolts. I fabricated this mount back in 2016 so I wouldn't have to drill into the hull. Doesn't really matter now since I've got 18 holes below the waterline. View attachment 156106
I wanted to put my controller in front of the remote select knob, but on this boat there is a depression in the dash that wouldn't have allowed it to sit flat. I moved the 12v power outlet and put it here.
View attachment 156107
View attachment 156108
I had water come out on the starboard side but not the port. I think its from rain water collecting in areas towards the stern.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Finally got mine installed today. It was pretty quick (5 hours). I built good templates for the tabs and the controller.View attachment 156103View attachment 156104

View attachment 156105
I also had to move my transducer toward the center of the boat. I just had to modify my mount. It attaches to the outermost ride plate bolts. I fabricated this mount back in 2016 so I wouldn't have to drill into the hull. Doesn't really matter now since I've got 18 holes below the waterline. View attachment 156106
View attachment 156107
View attachment 156108
So the mounting holes are drilled all the way through?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 156105
View attachment 156107
View attachment 156108
No water from the holes on my install. I spent some time trying to figure out where I was drilling, as the only holes I could see from the bilge were the innermost and center holes for each tab. There appears to be another glassed-in compartment on the outermost sections of the hull that looks to be filled with closed-cell foam. Unfortunately, there is no drain from those compartments into the bilge, so it can accumulate over time.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For anyone using the MLC-1 control and this could be the same detail with other controllers I found out something very critical to the operation . It turns out the controller runs on a timer for the lights it comes from the factory set up that it takes 8 seconds for the LED lights to Light up all 5 LEDS on the display. The problem is we have the short actuaters that are fully deployed at 4 seconds and the MLC-1 Has a setting to change it to 4 seconds now that its changed the LED display matches the position of the trim tab. I called up Lectro Tab about an electrical question and mentioned that the tabs have a dramatic effect that at most Im on 2 or 3 leds lit up and never need to go to the max thats when they mentioned about changing the setting. Its changed and confirmed and now the LED display matches the tab deployment.

@Markwest Maybe you could update you amazing install guide to include this

Page 9 from the MLC-1 controller

Copy of Manual Leveling Control Install Manual MLC-1 Oct 2017(1).jpg

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hey guys. I have the complete lectrotab kit for 21ft Yamaha jetboats in its original packaging. I never got around to doing the install so I have the kit up for sale at a discount. PM me if you are interested.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys. I have the complete lectrotab kit for 21ft Yamaha jetboats in its original packaging. I never got around to doing the install so I have the kit up for sale at a discount. PM me if you are interested.
Might want to list that in the Classifieds forum!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please repost this per the classified guidelines.