• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mystery item came with used 2017 AR240

MrChew1667

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These came with a used 2017 AR 240 I recently purchased. Any ideas what these are for?

Attachments

• 20230403_191045.jpg
    20230403_191045.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 105
These came with a used 2017 AR 240 I recently purchased. Any ideas what these are for?
I believe they are the brackets used for the delivery from the factory to secure the tower down. Most are thrown away before owner gets the boat

Ask your wife/GF. She'll know ;)

@MrChew1667 - If you are just going to toss those, would you consider sending them to me? I'd pay for shipping of course.

Those are like gold

If you use a winter cover from factory you will need them. Also they are nice when storing the boat for long periods of time since they will take the weight off and secure the tower. Also if towing with the tower down the would be used so the tower doesn't bounce

Those are like gold

If you use a winter cover from factory you will need them. Also they are nice when storing the boat for long periods of time since they will take the weight off and secure the tower. Also if towing with the tower down the would be used so the tower doesn't bounce

This.

Undo the screws for the tower, lower the tower, and the tower screws now go in the round part. The bolt and washer are used to fasten the flat part to the deck of the boat. Holds the tower in the perfect position for the white shipping cover, if you have it. If you don't have that, @HangOutdoors has the only reasons to keep them. Your decision if you feel the need to utilize them for such reasons.

This.

Undo the screws for the tower, lower the tower, and the tower screws now go in the round part. The bolt and washer are used to fasten the flat part to the deck of the boat. Holds the tower in the perfect position for the white shipping cover, if you have it. If you don't have that, @HangOutdoors has the only reasons to keep them. Your decision if you feel the need to utilize them for such reasons.
Main reason I am looking for them is I am going to store my boat high and dry in the marina, but it will be with the tower folded down. So I was thinking it may be best to have those shipping brackets in place, just in case they bounce the boat while fork lifting it in and out. I don't want the tower cables to snap. Maybe overkill. Any store their boat high and dry with the tower down? ever have any issues?

Main reason I am looking for them is I am going to store my boat high and dry in the marina, but it will be with the tower folded down. So I was thinking it may be best to have those shipping brackets in place, just in case they bounce the boat while fork lifting it in and out. I don't want the tower cables to snap. Maybe overkill. Any store their boat high and dry with the tower down? ever have any issues?

Totally agree with you, smart move. You can also call up a Yamaha dealer and see if they have some or want to sell you some on the cheap off another boat.

Should you use these for long distance travels?
I don't, but Yamaha uses them when they ship them (mainly to get more boats on the truck). I think the manual specifically says to tow with the tower up.

When I tow long distances I keep the tower up, and I tape all the leading edges with painters tape so bug removal is easier on arrival.

For those who don't have these, I fashioned some out of wood for a local member who didn't have them, used mine as the template....worked well.

I don't, but Yamaha uses them when they ship them (mainly to get more boats on the truck). I think the manual specifically says to tow with the tower up.

When I tow long distances I keep the tower up, and I tape all the leading edges with painters tape so bug removal is easier on arrival.

For those who don't have these, I fashioned some out of wood for a local member who didn't have them, used mine as the template....worked well.
Julian - can you post a picture of the ones you made out of wood, whenever you get a free moment? Thanks!

Julian - can you post a picture of the ones you made out of wood, whenever you get a free moment? Thanks!
I would be happy to....if I'd taken a photo. And I dont recall the member name i made them for!

Back