• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new Tow Vehicle as Audi will be buying back my Q7 TDI --what do you have?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is the option to sell it back even on the table at this point?
After talking to the dealer...this doesn't look like an option....

Although I was talking to a neighbor that said VW/Audi was facing some serious challenges with getting enough people to turn their cars in....apparently they have a minimum commitment to the gov't that they have to get their hands on? I can't find anything on google about this though....

I did test drive a 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige model with all the bells and whistles....loved it. Self driving for the most part (although the car beeps at you if you leave you hands off the wheel for more than 30 seconds). It was very difficult to allow the car to come to a halt on its own without me having my foot hovering over the brake!!!!

I also checked out the Nissan Armada. Good towing capability, ho hum on the tech side....like no Apple/Android car play, the sales man wasn't sure if the Adaptive cruise worked down to zero (which likely means it doesn't)...things like that.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also checked out the Nissan Armada. Good towing capability, ho hum on the tech side....like no Apple/Android car play, the sales man wasn't sure if the Adaptive cruise worked down to zero (which likely means it doesn't)...things like that.
Nissan's/Infiniti's Adaptive Cruise Control will stop the car for you, if necessary. While on cruise control, if the speed goes down to zero, then the cruise will turn itself off and the driver must take control once again. Once underway, cruise can be resumed and it'll again maintain the distance from the car in front of you. My wife loves this system in rolling traffic, because you literally don't need to touch the brakes or gas. Again, as long as the car doesn't come to a stop, it manages it all for you. While the Armada doesn't have Apple Car Play, it will still connect to your phone via USB or Bluetooth to play your music and such while displaying the album covers and song names and etc on the car's screen. Really, the only advantage I enjoyed from Apple Car Play was using Apple Maps from my phone - it displays on the car's screen. Otherwise, I lay my phone on the instrument panel while using the phone's navigation.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After talking to the dealer...this doesn't look like an option....
wut? Your dealer is full of imbeciles of that's what they told you. 100% you can still sell it back until later this year. September/November something, I can't recall which. And for dam good money too. I'd be getting the claim all done now, and just wait on selecting the date (that's far into the process). Get all the dumb stuff out of the way now. claims.vwgoa.com.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
VW/Audi was facing some serious challenges with getting enough people to turn their cars in....
Oh they are getting mine now!!! lol

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did test drive a 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige model with all the bells and whistles....loved it. Self driving for the most part (although the car beeps at you if you leave you hands off the wheel for more than 30 seconds).
I already blew my wad, lol, but like to live vicariously here - that must not have been a TDI if 2018, correct?

Between no TDI and those WV cars generally not getting any larger, I wasn't really sure... especially about towing aspects of it. Would you still tow with 2018 Q7, or are you looking more for a daily driver?

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I already blew my wad, lol, but like to live vicariously here - that must not have been a TDI if 2018, correct?

Between no TDI and those WV cars generally not getting any larger, I wasn't really sure... especially about towing aspects of it. Would you still tow with 2018 Q7, or are you looking more for a daily driver?

--
It was not a TDI - It is a 3.0 liter supercharged V6. Horsepower (@ rpm) 333 @ 5,500-6,500, Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 325 @ 2,900-5,300. Towing capacity the same as the diesel at 7700lbs. Yes I would still be towing with this.

Now @GoVols01 has me looking at the Infiniti QX80 (upscale Nissan Armada).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
wut? Your dealer is full of imbeciles of that's what they told you. 100% you can still sell it back until later this year. September/November something, I can't recall which. And for dam good money too. I'd be getting the claim all done now, and just wait on selecting the date (that's far into the process). Get all the dumb stuff out of the way now. claims.vwgoa.com.
I should have been more specific....what I was responding to was my idea of selling it back to the dealer, letting them fix it, then buy the same car back from them at bluebook value (which would net me WAY more money than taking their fix). I have my appointment to turn my Q7 already set (in December) - until then my Q7 is GAINING value as I'm driving it less than their mileage allowance! I MAY move that date up depending on some factors (like the Q7 needs new tires...do I pay for a full set, or dump it before then? - ideally I'd find 4 tires with more tread than my current ones to tide me over...but I do have to tow to FL in June for Bimini and don't want crap on the car for that).

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was not a TDI - It is a 3.0 liter supercharged V6. Horsepower (@ rpm) 333 @ 5,500-6,500, Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 325 @ 2,900-5,300. Towing capacity the same as the diesel at 7700lbs. Yes I would still be towing with this.

Now @GoVols01 has me looking at the Infiniti QX80 (upscale Nissan Armada).
How is that new tow pig, @Julian ?? I have to say I do miss the Q7. But I love this stupid LC, I'm thinking this could be my last truck, and I hope it's going to be a while!!! lol
Love this thing! Looks like a really large Highlander which is awesome and that's what I tell people it is - when they ask, most of the time.
upload_2018-11-17_17-7-33.png
upload_2018-11-17_23-12-15.png

--

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How is that new tow pig,
Loving the new Audi Q7! Got it pretty much loaded (every option except the B&O stereo and the FLIR). Auto leveling suspension rocks. But it has lots of other nice features too! Love the adaptive cruise, lane keeping assist, auto headlights, ventilated seats, massage seats, virtual cockpit, heads up display, Android Auto is ok....still a work in progress in my opinion, but it is nice to be able to have Waze on the full screen vs just my phone. Not sure if I'll keep the onboard wifi. The all round camera system is cool too. Finally have a keyless car which is also nice. If I plug in my phone and turn off the car and open the door, the car tells me my phone is still in the car...nice touches like that!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Julian, do you have the massaging seats in your Q? We have the B&O and it’s night and day different from the Bose stereo. Truly concert quality when you dial it up.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, do you have the massaging seats in your Q? We have the B&O and it’s night and day different from the Bose stereo. Truly concert quality when you dial it up.
I do have the massaging seats!

I love the Bose system (I'm sure the B&O is crazy good)! This is the first car stereo that I cannot turn up all the way....it is simply too loud - and clear all the way up! I never would have guessed a stock stereo would exceed my listening limits!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do have the massaging seats!
And we thought texting and driving was bad!!
Now they have massage...

Darned. My Landy is a covered farm wagon.