• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need advice - bought used 242x

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all, first post! I been lurking for a bit since I was close to purchasing a 2016 242X. Well I did, and I knew it had some problems, but a new one has popped up since my inspection and purchase time. Basically, the touchscreen connectx is unresponsive to touches (knew that piece - ordered replacement screen) but the last two times took the boat out it's started to throw an error on the screen stating 'Pump controller comm error.' My boat inspector found that the port and starboard ballast bags would not fill, but he did not see this error. Anyone have suggestions for where to start on this controller error? I'm wondering if there is a tac unit for those pumps that needs to be serviced/replaced. TYIA!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK, thanks, I will check those!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What I have noticed is that the impellers get shaped form sitting over winter storage causing the pump to work harder the additional current throws a code. The stock system set up is plagued with problems but with this cable you can jump power to the pump and operate it if you have a bad pump you can get a few connecterors and some hose and use any pump to fill and empty any bag or even use it as an emergency bilge pump

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting. Are you still selling those cables? I may order one to help diagnose if it's bad pumps or not.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes sending pm