• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need opinion/help on cabin speaker placement

Drmackdaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve seen the options, does anyone have any regrets or recommendations on the placement. What are the benefits of mounting high/ low, etc. Are you now deaf in your right ear and passenger in their left?
Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love where mine is....this thread covers lots of thoughts on the mid-cabin speaker placement:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/easiest-way-to-add-amplify-music-at-the-helm.12049/page-8

Putting them in the higher position places them more like where they are in the rest of the boat. That way you'll have music at the same volume as everyone else. Put them lower, and you'll be turning up to high for the rest of the boat. I prefer louder music, so I'd actually prefer the mid cabin to be closer to my ear anyway. I also have the sound bar facing the mid cabin (and a dedicated amp channel to it vs in series!)

Drmackdaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
B124962D-F709-4FAD-A3D9-5452AD499BC3.jpeg 32F8B9AA-1E93-4982-9BB4-3EEEF5502225.jpeg E50A0239-5CC3-479B-A2EC-5753AF18AA02.jpeg Thanks. After measuring at the cup holders and deciding there’s no way that these would fit I somehow decided to drill a tiny hole and measure. Sure enough, 3.25”. Plenty of room. I guess I’m Living right!! Whew. It sounds great and so glad I put it there so I could put a 10” down below them. Thanks for the help.