• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2016 Yamaha E-Series Options Described with lots of photos!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There goes the affordability of these boats........at this price it would be time to shop other makes.
I agree that at the new price points, some of the value goes away. The questions then becomes do you want an I/O vs. a jet? Along with that comes more expensive maintenance, winterization, bent props, potential injury, etc. It seems to me the mindset used to be that you bought a jet boat for a number of reasons including that they are cheaper. Now you are just looking at the other reasons. I have a hard time thinking that I can buy a Bryant Calandra for less than an E-Series with a tower. That said, I love easy winterization, the safety of the jet and the fact that this forum can solve almost any issue in minutes. Still would be hard to leave.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree that at the new price points, some of the value goes away. The questions then becomes do you want an I/O vs. a jet? Along with that comes more expensive maintenance, winterization, bent props, potential injury, etc. It seems to me the mindset used to be that you bought a jet boat for a number of reasons including that they are cheaper. Now you are just looking at the other reasons. I have a hard time thinking that I can buy a Bryant Calandra for less than an E-Series with a tower. That said, I love easy winterization, the safety of the jet and the fact that this forum can solve almost any issue in minutes. Still would be hard to leave.

Hard to leave yes, Not so hard to not buy the flag ship model and put in your own options and be LOTS of money ahead. All of those options do not account for the price jump.

I think I have 150 bucks in my Bluetooth touch screen automated ballast system.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMO I think this boat is going to sell faster than Yamaha can manufacture (stock market permitting). The Limited S up to this point needed substantial modifications to make it capable of being a surf/wakeboard boat. Now, you get the package deal and it's still $20-30K cheaper than an equivalent surf/wakeboard boat. The person buying this boat wants a 24' Tige or Mastercraft X-35, but because of the $120k price this will be a great option. I see value.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're wrong, there will be a lot of 16's this time next year with slashed prices.

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Well next year if a dealer wants to let one go at about 60k...let me know....my wife won't let me justify a 72k boat.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMO I think this boat is going to sell faster than Yamaha can manufacture (stock market permitting). The Limited S up to this point needed substantial modifications to make it capable of being a surf/wakeboard boat. Now, you get the package deal and it's still $20-30K cheaper than an equivalent surf/wakeboard boat. The person buying this boat wants a 24' Tige or Mastercraft X-35, but because of the $120k price this will be a great option. I see value.
MC might be that much but you do t really need to actually spend much more than 72k to get a VERY nice vdrive wakeboat. Remember, the prices on those boats Are a mere suggestion and often have a lot of wiggle room. Buddy of mine had a local dealer down to 76k on a new Malibu 23LSV. At the pint where you are considering 72k for the X as a water sports boat, what's another 4k for one that is arguably far superior for that purpose? Don't get me wrong, I hope peoe but and love them, but I have a hard time seeing them in the se league as something like a Malibu vlx or lsv for wake sports.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
MC might be that much but you do t really need to actually spend much more than 72k to get a VERY nice vdrive wakeboat ... but I have a hard time seeing them in the same league as something like a Malibu vlx or lsv for wake sports.
Ya gotta be careful when addressing all things .......... but boating is MORE at times than Wake Sports.
Have ya ever tried to BACK UP a VLX or LSV ??? I have and there is no comparison to a Yamaha.
Every choice has drawbacks, but Yamaha DOES provide enough quality differences in other areas that allow the brand to be a top considered choice for those purchasing a boat.
'Jes sayin' ........... LOL .......... Y'all play nicely in the sandbox. I gotta go do some work. Byeeeeeeeeeee

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What are the horsepower numbers for the 1800 cc engines?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are the horsepower numbers for the 1800 cc engines?
To my knowledge those numbers aren't officially published but the consensuses is that they produce 180 hp.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
To my knowledge those numbers aren't officially published but the consensuses is that they produce 180 hp.
Unless they are CARB, then it is less. :)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for covering everything @Administrative!

this is really stupid, but did they put a drain in the port side cooler? Also what does the 242 E-series look like without the bimini up?

I'm honestly not a fan of the bimini at all...
No. :-(
We are the opposite regarding the bimini. We never considered a tower due to lack of bimini/shade. Very rarely have we been on the water when shade wasn't at a premium.
strokes/folks-

Last edited:

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Back in the Yamaha saddle, again. Had a 232 LS when they first came out, and them moved up to sailing catamaran and longer off-shore trips for the past 5 years. And we're back!
Picked up our X this past weekend.
Only significant modification from factory is the upgrade of batteries, to AGM's.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the water and we will most definitely be making the trip to Bimini. We are down in FL mid June, so looking to make trip then. Hope to be with other Yammers.
It's in the driveway for now so let me know if there are any questions.

Attachments

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good!... looking forward to your review on it.

I would take that bimini canvas off for the winter, so it doesn't get covered by snow and stretched out (and beat up by the sun)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks good!... looking forward to your review on it.

I would take that bimini canvas off for the winter, so it doesn't get covered by snow and stretched out (and beat up by the sun)
That is the plan.
Will want to cover the speakers, under the bimini, when/if I do that. Something that keeps snow off, but lets condensation out.

Asking around locally first to see if there are any local farmers with a barn and some space.

I am fairly certain that she will splash long before April... :->

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian Is there any talk you have heard of the implementation of their Helm Master controls into this? In my opinion, all that is lacking from being able to is for them to make the steering drive by wire as well. Am I wrong? I would be first in line if/when they do.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ACrews Not a word in this regards. But you are correct, the already have servo control throttles and buckets, all they would need is steering - and independent steering (each nozzle would have to have to be able to move independently). Both of those and the computer to run it wouldn't be cheap, and not sure how many 24' open bow boat owners would want to pay for that. Now put that in a 26' jet cabin cruiser..... hummmm

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian When you're past the $70k mark, what's a few more thousand gonna hurt? Lol

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any thoughts on Yamaha coming out with a 20' or 22' model? An AR200 with twin TR-1's might be the perfect boat especially since the supercharged motor is so inefficient in the 19's. I'm thinking as long as they are redesigning the haul this maybe a possibility. AR200 or Ar220, TR-1's, forward swept tower, sound deadening, rudder (similar to the 24's, do not make the rudder hang below the haul), and a larger bimi top that can be up when towing. Or use these ideas on a AR210. IF YOU MAKE IT PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!!! Not that I'm in the market for a top of the line boat, but if I'm buying a boat with ballast give me hard tanks, not bags. Bottom line bring back the AR in a 20, 21 or 22 foot with the TR-1's. One more thing if the TR-1's are so much smaller how about making some more storage, as a family you can never have enough storage.

If they don't make one of these, I will have to purchase something else. I don't want a 24' but I want twin engines in a affordable package.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My assumption is that the 212x is what they will stick with for that length for those that want towers. I hope they put the sound deadening in all their models next year!

I like the idea of tanks vs bags.....especially if you can fill them FAST!