• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New bern (or similar) to Cape Look out run June 29th (tentative)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No idea if there’s a spot with a marina and docks to keep boat in the water. This is my first time going to this area so if there’s a better option I’m all ears. As I said, I just wanted to get a place reserved in case nothing better comes up

This picture looks like there’s a dock area there.....
Beaufort City Docks. overnight slips available. probably need a reservation

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll look into those. Might even just keep it on the trailer and find a spot to launch both days.

For those that have done the run, if we left from Beaufort would it make sense to go all the way to New Bern? Or perhaps just up Adams and maybe stop at Minnesott Beach and then run back? So many options out there and at some point we need to try and settle on something so everyone can plan. Thoughts?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you're gonna be in Beaufort I'd hit up some of the sandbars around there, instead of head towards new bern. Unless you're just looking to cruise.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If we make it that weekend.. (still up in the air. Wifes new job) we would like to try to get to the lighthouse if its calm enough in the ocean like it was last time.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you're gonna be in Beaufort I'd hit up some of the sandbars around there, instead of head towards new bern. Unless you're just looking to cruise.
That’s why I wanted to base out along the coast instead of New Bern. Would be great to get a few “locals” along for the ride that know the spots to avoid. Been reading about shallow areas and sand bars all over the place out there. Obviously not as worried as I’d be with an I/O, but still.....

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If we make it that weekend.. (still up in the air. Wifes new job) we would like to try to get to the lighthouse if its calm enough in the ocean like it was last time.
Hope you can!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My preference at this point is to base in Beaufort and skip the New Bern part. Lots of great stuff (sandbars and the lighthouse) to see.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Keeping my eye on this. Would love to participate, but probably wouldn't know til last minute.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in. I’ve spent a lot of time down there (will actually be down in Oriental Memorial Day weekend). We’ll be fishing and we’ll cruise to Beaufort.

There’s a few great options in Oriental and Minnesott that could accommodate a small group with overnight dockage, ramps and trailer parking, etc.

Staying in Beaufort is tough mainly for trailer parking. Hampton Inn Morehead has good parking and we use Radio Island ramp if staying at the coast.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK, so here's who we have so far, unless I've missed someone.....

Me
@Eric Ballard
@ChrisMC
@vanmurray

Interested folks are:
@bronze_10, @KyleP, @symbianx, @Dan_NC, @Smitty, @AndyD, @robert843, @Ramblin Wreck, @Shannon, @jgpncll, @redthumper9

The Beaufort Hotel where I'm currently planning to stay is brand new... only been open 25 days. I am staying Friday-Sunday (June 28-30). It's next to The Boathouse. I called the hotel and parking is 100% valet, but no issue with boat trailers. They said I can park and they have golf carts to shuttle people back and forth. Next to the Boathouse is a public boat ramp so I'll probably launch from there. Found this information after searching a while....

"Steps from the Beaufort Hotel NC, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member is Curtis Perry Public Park, one of the most popular launching areas for local and visiting Beaufort mariners. It is located next to The Boathouse at Front Street Village.

Often referred to as the Taylor’s Creek Boat Ramp, the public boat launch has two boat ramps and is an ideal location to launch your boat or kayak. Rachel Carson Reserve, home to over 30 wild horses. is located directly across from the public boat ramp.

This public parking area has 31 spaces for vehicles with boat trailers."

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI, I'll have my wife, 2 boys and 1 daughter along..... boys are 8 and 13 and my daughter is 16. Assuming I won't be the only one with kids so if we anchor up somewhere the kids will have people to dumb around with.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm likely out its to close to my Exuma trip to pull off I think. I'm going to run From Myrtle Beach up to Surf City NC tomorrow. Departing about 6am anyone can feel free t follow my tracking link is below. Its supposed to be nice so I may run 30 or so miles of it off shore in the afternoon on the return.

Great Loop Chicago

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm likely out its to close to my Exuma trip to pull off I think. I'm going to run From Myrtle Beach up to Surf City NC tomorrow. Departing about 6am anyone can feel free t follow my tracking link is below. Its supposed to be nice so I may run 30 or so miles of it off shore in the afternoon on the return.

Great Loop Chicago
If you have time, stop and eat at Sears Landing in Surf City. It's one of our favorites!

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI, I'll have my wife, 2 boys and 1 daughter along..... boys are 8 and 13 and my daughter is 16. Assuming I won't be the only one with kids so if we anchor up somewhere the kids will have people to dumb around with.
We have 2 kids. 9 and 7.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If we make it we wi have atleast a 15 and a 10 girls and maybe a 17 boy... if he is not working somewhere.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length