• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New JetBoatPilot Console Organizer For 24 Footers Need Feedback!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals, check out this new product and tell us what you think. We need your feedback to see if we should move forward with production!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the idea. Just not for me but.... A custom fit swing lid trash can with organizer shelf on top for the recessed port area is something I would buy. I bet something like that would sell like hotcakes if it held at least 4 gal.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot
I like it a lot better then the stupid 3 ring cup holder on our boats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks pretty nice....mine has the seadek on that surface already and I love putting my camera on there and it doesn't slide around. But I am like @Mainah .... I'd love a trash can mod for that same area....I've been pondering cutting a cup holder into the far side (as close to the port side gunnel as one can) and then having a pair of slide brackets underneath that one could slide a garbage can into under the cupholder hole [ ] If the cupholder had a lip with GARBAGE printed on it that would be awesome....but perhaps a combo of this product and the garbage can?

So the same thing as this and one of those cup holders has a chute that goes through to the storage area?

One last question...I assume this is made to be self installable....how do you drill from the top down to bolt the feet in place where the windshield is?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good question @Julian. The answer is we don't. The front two legs are attached to the organizer and then simply rest on the surface of the upper head locker inside of a hole cut out specifically for the leg.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good question @Julian. The answer is we don't. The front two legs are attached to the organizer and then simply rest on the surface of the upper head locker inside of a hole cut out specifically for the leg.
Ah...so only the back two legs are bolted down? Is the hole you refer to cut in the Seadek? If so I assume I'd have to cut a similar hole in my existing Seadek?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The back two holes and the center hole or through bolted but the forward to hold rest on the upper surface of the head Locker. I would suggest replacing the old pad with the new pad that comes with the kit so that you do not have to cut out holes for the legs.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Mainah. A good looking and functional trash can would be a good product. Also, a table leg that has a swivel built into it would be a great so that the table can be swung out of the way, behind the co-pilot seat.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have yet to solve my trash problem yet either-
I am using the area to the port of the 'Admirals' seat for a cooler and still at a loss for how to make trash convenient, and not an eye-sore or wind hazard.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Second @MrMoose idea of the swivel leg idea. When deployed it takes up the entire rear area, would like to be able to keep the drinks/food available but not in the way.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot I'm not sure if there would be much of a market for this at least in the 24ft boats they seem to have plenty of cup holders and storage already also it appears it would impede with the view forward from the passenger seat. I do see where the shade for phones could come in handy but on the 2015+ models it seems a lot of people put these items in that cubby in front of the passenger seat or in a cup holder that is shaded and the items are only pulled out when being used. This is just my opinion and may not be a majority.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think knowing the cost will help determine if the guys would go for it.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am also in for a garbage can. It drives the Wife crazy to have to open the seats to get a bag out.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What happened to drink 'em and sink 'em?
jk

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if this product would be of interest to us. I however would love someone to design specific high quality products to organize our head compartments. Thoughts?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1 on a trash can idea in the head compartment. I just have mine on the floor in the head. Not interested in the console organizer.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot sorry for hijacking but perhaps there is a a market for what I suggested. Just no good trash can place on the newer 24 footers. The area they seem to have intended for it in the port co-captian gunnel recess just does not work for currently available cans. Personally I was thinking if someone could design a custom contoured can or built in to go there with a shelf and maybe even a usb charging port on top that it would use space that perhaps is not otherwise used and is easy access. The head compartment idea is not bad either if it did not block usage of the whole area, Perhaps even a combo trash can and storage solution. I agree with the other comments on enough cupholders and decent place for phones already and not wanting to put something in the co-captains line of sight.

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PLEASE offer something to replace/upgrade the glove compartment lid on the 19' boats.

Having the radio in a closed box is ridiculous for station/volume changes, etc... Additionally, since the factory lid is not flat, it is not a practical location to set anything.
Definately could use a similar 'shelf' that would install with the removal of the factory lid, giving some cup holders, shade (but visibility) to the radio and storage area and a flat surface for items.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot you can borrow my SX190 if you need it to template something for the 190 series

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have heard mixed reviews of the console organizer but it seems mostly not interested so I think we'll hold off on making this a production product for now. I will try to see what can be done for storage compartment organization and what we can do for a trash can solution.

Thanks to all of you who have chimed in! You are helping in our product development process!