• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member here

Miajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone ...

Carlos from Miami,FL

Im a big fan of the forums so even before buying the boat I'm already here

Ive been a jetski owner for 9 years . time to move forward . I started looking for a boat today

Interested on a 2016 242 limited S
Dealer quote me for 55k plus the dealer stuff and tax ending on 62k
This is the one with the big top . in black
Is the price fair?
I'm looking to get financed thru Yami card but it seems to be hard to get such a high amount .
Dealer offer a 4.90 x 180 months with 0 down . monthly payment of 490
Is there a way to get an online loan with better rate ?

Is there any thing I need to know or check about the boat

Thank you everyone . I will keep posted the story

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, 62K out the door....that is a damn good price.....I assume it is a 242 Limited SE....since you said it had the large bimini. I got mine in May....and that beat my price by about 7K. Make sure you try to talk the dealer out of and anchor, and fire extinguisher....they dont come with them. Also, I was pretty lucky....didnt do a water trial before I took delivery...no problems, but read about others that did. I did a thorough walk around and identified little things. But you should take it out for a run before you accept delivery...after all, you wouldnt take a 65K car without driving it first. Also, make sure you check your trailer...quite a few members found fender bolts missing, or loose, or the fender mounting brackets cracked. We love our boat, and have not looked back...they are so awesome. Good luck on your purchase!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Miajet youve come to the right place. However I don't have any recent buying experience so I'll leave that up to the guys with knowledge on that topic. Glad hat you found us and decided to join. Good luck with your purchase.

Firehouse100

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Carlos. What kind of trailer are they offering? If it is painted you will be lucky to get 5 years out of it, galvanized 8-10 years. Even with the best of care the salt will do its damage.

Miajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for.the inputs
It is a galvanized trailer .
This dealer will take you for a 2 hrs water test before u signed . good thing to know about the anchor and f.e
I never thought about the extinguisher but the anchor was.supposed to be included .. no big deal . I had a fortress from previous boat

Glad to hear price is fair . I was thinking to wait till the boat show but a friend told this is the right time to get the best deal

Now waiting to get the best rate .
I was counting with yamaha cc (0 down and 2.9 x 5 years) but looks like 62k is to high for them
So next choice is a bank
Funny I went the dealer just to have a look . now I can't stop thinking about the boat .
:)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you have on board, definitely a test ride

Miajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Only concern is how the boat handle choppy waters .
Since I live in FL 101% of the use is on the ocean . mostly FL keys .
I'm not a fan of waves (even with jetski) so I'm not worry about 4-5 ft waves but here in a nice day you may find one section with 2-3 ft or even most common choppy water due the wind
Checking some videos (Miami to bahama) looks like it handles those 3ft waves very decent
My previous boat was a seafox which leave me traumatic disorder on the way it can handle 1ft waves ( little exaggerated )

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I Havnt been in more than 3 foot waves, but I'd handles very well.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's one sweet boat you got your eye on! hope it all works out and I wish you the best of luck! Our 21' handles chop extremely well. Can't imagine you would have any issues at all in a 24'. Should be an awesome ride!

Firehouse100

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It doesn't cut the waves like cc but at over 4000 lbs with fuel and gear it should go through 2-3's with no problem. Look up on noaa web and check the marine forecast and schedule your test ride on a day that's 2-4 and let her ripppppp!!!!!!,

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have some pretty massive boats in our area yachts and such that come by and produce big waves and I've never had any issues or felt unsafe in our SX210 21'

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Miajet here is a video of us coming back from Staniels Cay in the Exuma Island chain on a 2015 AR240 so what your looking at should handle it about the same. We were in 2-4ft seas probably. IT handled the entire trip well almost 700 miles of offshore use in a week. The return trip starts about the 1:35 mark of the video.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Miajet Welcome, it sounds like a great boat, lots of luck.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Just watched your video again with one of my daughters. She wants to go, too, LOL.

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Miajet Welcome aboard! These guys will take great care of you.

Your are in the right place. :thumbsup:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Just watched your video again with one of my daughters. She wants to go, too, LOL.

--
Now just to get the wife onboard :winkingthumbsup" I would show them Isaacs video for that. I'm going again but I'm prob 2-3 years out from doing so.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi everyone ...

Carlos from Miami,FL

Im a big fan of the forums so even before buying the boat I'm already here

Ive been a jetski owner for 9 years . time to move forward . I started looking for a boat today

Interested on a 2016 242 limited S
Dealer quote me for 55k plus the dealer stuff and tax ending on 62k
This is the one with the big top . in black
Is the price fair?
I'm looking to get financed thru Yami card but it seems to be hard to get such a high amount .
Dealer offer a 4.90 x 180 months with 0 down . monthly payment of 490
Is there a way to get an online loan with better rate ?

Is there any thing I need to know or check about the boat

Thank you everyone . I will keep posted the story
Welcome aboard. Doubt you fill find a rate much lower than what Yamaha is offering. I went through a local credit union and got 4.75% for 180 months. That's the best I could find back in March of this year.

Miajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 Was checking the videos and impressive how it handle the waves and almost a 100% dry boat
The exUma has been on my plans for a while but a Jetski for 2 is not the best choice
Nice videos

@MattFX4 .. I agree about the Yami cc rate is the lowest but also hard to get approved for 62k
the dealer recommend to go with a credit union loan @4.99 x 20 yyrs
They said my higher credit loan is 10k and yamaha isn't going to go up to 60k .
Max around the 20's

Thx everyone for the inputs