• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good morning everyone, just a quick introduction. We have a 2021 Yamaha 252SE on order (our first jet boat). We have been boating on Lake Champlain most of our life, and have had outboards, inboards, and I/O's both single and twins, but never a jet so we look forward to learning.

For the last three years we have enjoyed a 24' Hampton Pontoon with a 115HO Evinrude Etec, but Champlain is not an ideal playground for a pontoon so we decided to go back to a V-hull.

I have been nosing around the site a little to get as much info on the 21's as I can, and seems like a very informative group.

Thanks,
Bryan

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, I will certainly share some pics when I take delivery!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you @Julian. Welcome to the forum @blamphere. Did you order her from Saba Marine in Colchester? Will you be keeping her at their marina, Bay Harbor Marina? Or trailering with all the other people packing the launch ramp on the weekends. We slipped 2 seasons at Bay Harbor, nice new marina. We have also kept our Beneteau at the Moorings next door. Currently we trailer our Yamaha and we slip our Beneteau at Burlington Harbor Marina due to our nearly 7' draft and the shallows at the cut between Colchester and So. Hero, preventing us from getting on the broad lake later in the season when the water level drops. Look forward to meeting you and any other Yamaha JB owner on the Lake. If you are in this neck of the woods...maybe we will see you at Thayer Beach this Summer. There are only a couple of us with orange Yamaha's. Good Luck with your new boat.

Edit: I have neighbors with the last name Lamphere.

Last edited:

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thank you, happy to be here! Saba couldn't get what I wanted so I went with Irwin Marine in Laconia NH. We keep our RV at Keeler Bay campground and marina in the summer and slip our boat there.

We will definitely see you at Thayer, we got her in black so should be fairly easy to recognize, but not as easily as orange :) My cousin keeps his Chaparral at Burlington Harbor. His last name is Lamphere as well.

I have a lot of family around and we are all pretty close so very likely you are neighbors with family :)

Water level dropping (coupled with big water) is the primary reason we decided to go back to a V. Can't get under the sandbar bridge in the summer and we travel to Burlington and Valcour a lot. Via the gut, both are a long ride in a toona.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Funny, small world...Our first season with the Yamaha, 2016, we slipped at Keeler Bay. Got some pictures here somewhere. Nice quiet marina, just watch out for the milfoil outside the nowake signs. Caught me once, first time I had to use my clean out plugs. We had a Chaparral two slips down from us on D dock this past Summer at Burlington.

Picture from Keeler Bay Marina. Graphics have since been removed.

0916161621.jpg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!! and make sure you post some pics of the new boat when you get it.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Small world indeed, I am somewhat concerned about the late summer milfoil there, cleanout plugs obviously minimize it, and as long as its not a super pain every time I go out...

Going to try to get the harvester in there a couple times this summer. They have redone the place considerably (great work), and pushed the whole marina North a couple hundred yards so hopefully that helps too.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I found hitting the throttles and getting on plane as soon as I passed the signs was best. They did have a harvester rig on a pontoon that they used out to the signs. Same thing coming back in, stay on plane until I was right by the signs and shut it down.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got it, thanks for the advice!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We love the inland sea too. We have friends on Butler and are often up that way too. My parents are further up in Alburg(h). I will never get used to that spelling :) I will have to try the reverse method but wondering whether it will work with the E series

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We love the inland sea too. We have friends on Butler and are often up that way too. My parents are further up in Alburg(h). I will never get used to that spelling :) I will have to try the reverse method but wondering whether it will work with the E series
It works with the E Series. The gates auto move to the open position when you kill the engines.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome::env::Welcome: