• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner - 2018 242 Limited SE

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello to all,

My wife and I purchased a 2018 242 Limited SE three weeks ago. We've been to the lake twice and really like the boat so far. I previously owned a 2016 Cobalt 220 and I've owned several WaveRunner's over the past 20 years. This forum has been a great place for ideas, information, and learn of gatherings. We live in Aiken, SC and do most of our boating at Lake Murray, with the occasional trip to Clarks Hill/Lake Thurmond. We are looking forward to making a few of the gatherings in the next year or two (Cooper River Run and Bimini) and I hope to meet several of you guys on those trips.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome:

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I like what you did with the simrad GPS

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow! Looks Fantastic! Great job on the in dash install!

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you install the simrad yourself? I like this idea and I’m thinking about doing it in my 2019 AR190.

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you install the simrad yourself? I like this idea and I’m thinking about doing it in my 2019 AR190.
I had the dealer include the install when I purchased the boat. He said there wasn't much to the install, nothing is behind the dash at that location.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the dealer include the install when I purchased the boat. He said there wasn't much to the install, nothing is behind the dash at that location.
I looked briefly behind my helm on the 190 and it looks very open and accessible.

What are your exact deminsions on it Installed?
I measeaed 6 inch height and 7 inch width as the room I would have on mine.

I can only find the specs for the unit on the 5 inch and the flush mount kit for the 7 but not the go5 flush/panel mount size.

Thanks for the help.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length