• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner Tampa Bay!

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey everyone!
First time owner, long time follower... My wife and I just pulled the trigger on a 2016 242 Limited S e-series and are dying to get it in the water and start mod'ing the heck out of it as well.

We live here in sunny Tampa Bay and although we aren't new to boating, this is our first boat (go big or go home!). I've long been a ghost-rider on this forum and thanks in part to everyone here, owning a Yami has been one of our dreams for many years now.

We have 2 young boys and love cruising around Anclote Key and all of Tampa Bay... we're also looking forward to joining the Jetboaters Bimini cruise one of these years as well!

Looking forward to sharing our experiences with all of you and thanks again for all the support and enthusiasm that everyone has provided here over the years. Strong owners say a lot about a brand!

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nice boat! Welcome!
Pictures?
Once your zip code is in check the user map and see who is near you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations! My brother is trying to talk me into bringing my boat down to his dock for the winter rather than storing it....he lives in Tampa in the Bay crest subdivision....anywhere near you?

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
image.jpeg
Nice boat! Welcome!
Pictures?
Once your zip code is in check the user map and see who is near you.
Yeah pics may have been nice lol... We had our boys with us who were going crazy sitting still thru the whole paperwork process and then ended up trying to outrun the rain so we only had enough time to snap a few before we threw the cover on her and put her to bed in the yard... But she's a beaut to us all the same and looks almost as good under the canvas. We'll grab some legit pics as soon as we get her out on the water :)image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations! My brother is trying to talk me into bringing my boat down to his dock for the winter rather than storing it....he lives in Tampa in the Bay crest subdivision....anywhere near you?
I think Baycrest is down by Rocky Point in Old Tampa Bay, not a bad area and I doubt you'd have to worry much about winterizing. I'm North and inland of there in Wesley Chapel and usually put in on the Gulf side of Pinellas although we will certainly be on the lookout for some good boat ramps to put in at and fun spots to cruise up to all over.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@LBFloats
Congratulations on the new boat!! :Welcome:

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hope you were able to walk across the street and get a few hands of poker in while you were waiting for your boat. Good poker room in that dog track over there. * Incidentally, a scene from Oceans 11 was shot there as well. :) Welcome to the group !

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome! I keep mine in tarpon and always at the north end of anclote or at the key. Hope to see you on the water soon!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome...nice boat and trailer.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hope you were able to walk across the street and get a few hands of poker in while you were waiting for your boat. Good poker room in that dog track over there. * Incidentally, a scene from Oceans 11 was shot there as well. :) Welcome to the group !
Lol... I was gambling enough just getting the missus to go along with $60k(ish) of boat! Derby Lane and I have quite a history, not only for the racing and occasional stop in the poker room, but also as the place my father took me to learn to drive. I subsequently used their lot to teach several friends to drive stick there as well in High School. For those who don't know Derby Lane in St Petersburg is the oldest continuously operated dog track and played host to not only Clooney and Pitt in our day, but also Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle in its past. Just another crazy history spot in the 'burg!

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dir
Welcome! I keep mine in tarpon and always at the north end of anclote or at the key. Hope to see you on the water soon!
Ditto! We love Anclote, the waters are clear, Dolphins a' plenty and always good people to come by!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! In my opinion, that is the best looking boat. But I may be a little biased. ;) Enjoy the boat and keep the pictures coming!

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! In my opinion, that is the best looking boat. But I may be a little biased. ;) Enjoy the boat and keep the pictures coming!
Lol, Good taste is easy to recognize!:winkingthumbsup"
I'm a little partial as well but it's hard to lay eyes on it and not think "Damn... That gorgeous thing is all mine baby!"

We get comments on it everywhere... Sitting in traffic and all. Yamaha knows how to put some very nice lines together!

You can try to explain to people that you bought a jet boat and they'll be like "meh... A jet boat... Yeah I've seen those things... How nice:yawn:"... But then you show them a pic or drive it by their house and they're like "HOLY CRAP... That thing is BAD A$$!" :wideyed:(Green with envy)

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Took the fam out to Anclote Key yesterday.... Perfect weather and water was nice and clear! Days like this are exactly the reason we bought our boat and we're blessed to raise a family in such an awesome place!image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife and I went cruising with my parents and kids yesterday out of Maximo up the ICW to Honeymoon Island.
Great weather and awesome day, this is the first time we've had our infant out boating and we can give a hearty endorsement to his Stohlquist PFD which he wore the whole day and seemed fairly content in... even managed 2 naps in it!
My father is normally terrified of boats but genuinely enjoyed the day and seemed at ease with the ride and smoothness of the 242. He spent a good chunk of the return trip driving and found it pretty easy... he has no major boat driving experience so all those folks on other forums deriding jet boat handling can eat crow... he thought it was a breeze and was having plenty of fun with the cruise assist and no wake settings.
Honeymoon was great as always and worth the ride up the Intercoastal, my son even got to see a guy reel in a Blacktip Shark from the beach (any non-coastal folks wondering, this is not uncommon around here, actual legit shark attacks are very rare... apparently we have more fun catching them than they do us... or maybe we just taste funny :yuck:).
Maximo is great to go out of on a weekday, traffic is low, no fees (that I noticed) and very well maintained ramps... plus way less drama without the cross currents of Anclote that we're used to.
Great day out and thought it'd be worth the share!IMG_9871.JPGIMG_9796.JPG IMG_9843.JPGIMG_9802.JPG IMG_9855.JPG

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should try the sand bar on the gulf side of Fort Desoto at Bunces pass some time and Egmont island also.

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You should try the sand bar on the gulf side of Fort Desoto at Bunces pass some time and Egmont island also.
We LOVE Egmont and just haven't had the chance to get out there yet... my pops gets uneasy on choppy water so we decided to "ease" him into the new boat by cruising the ICW first... Egmont is next on our list!