• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New TV

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Although I have not received our new TV as of yet. I am learning that buying a OLED 4K tv with Dolby atmos etc is like buying a new computer that requires replacement of old software. For instance not any sound bar will work with dolby atmos to get the best effect. It must be one that is rated for it (ie 5-1-2 or something like that). Also if you have an old Blueray player that also must be replaced if you want to watch 4k movies on it. The same is true with your Apple TV if you want to stream 4k movies you must have the new apple tv. Not sure what I will replace other then getting a new sound bar as prime and netflix have 4 k movies. Also you must have high speed internet which I already have to get the best picture. also for the most part tv stations broadcast in 4k.:winkingthumbsup"

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We pulled the plug and purchased the LG OLED 65E8PUA TV and was delivered this week. I must say I am very impressed with the picture quality both in 4K and in HD. It is a definite improvement over our old one. Our older TV was HD and although the picture was good the new LG certainly improves upon HD picture significantly. As to 4K movies vs HD movies; there is just is no comparison. The colors are rich and vibrant and the depth of field is phenomenal. My wife says it is like being in the theater.

Regarding the TV sound. It comes with it own speakers and yes they are adequate but IMO does not do the 4K movies justice as you cannot get the benefit of Dolby Atmos. So we purchased the LG SK10Y speakers and the difference is night and day. They truly add to the movie like atmosphere when watching movies whether they be in HD or 4K.

I must admit it has been awhile since we bought a new TV and I was certainly not expecting all of the upgrades needed especially if you want to watch 4K movies and shows. Along with the speakers we also bought new HDMI cables that support 4K, upgraded our Netflix two premium in order to watch their 4k offerings and even a new Apple TV. IMO you do not need the new Apple TV4K as the TV comes loaded with many apps and in fact on the Smart Remote there is a separate key for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I only upgraded my Apple TV because I like the movies Apple offers in 4K.

The TV comes with its own smart remote which is very intuitive and has replaced a few of our remotes( top box remote and the remote that came with the SK10 Y Soundbar system), however, it cannot replace the Apple remote or at least I have yet to find a work around.

One might think a 65 inch TV is big and it is. So you may think you cannot sit that close to it, however that is not the case. We sit approximately 8 feet from the screen and it has not posed a problem.

I believe the new 2019 TV’s have been released so the price on 2018’s are dropping. In fact the price of the one we purchased dropped $500.00 two days after we ordered ours. I want back and they honored the new price.

The bottom line for us is that to date we have not been disappointed with our new TV.[flag]

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you aren't looking for the cinema experience....internal speakers might be ok....might. But for movie watching, surround sound is a must. That big old sub creates a pressure wave of sound that means you can actually feel the movie.....love it! But I'm a move nut!!!

I'm looking at adding these if I can convince my wife!!!

View attachment 89807

I have these and love them, sound is very crisp

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Go big! 138” drop 2:35.1 screen that drops in front of my 75” vizio P series tv

BA1342F6-32F3-4BD0-8F3C-51DED4181CD3.jpeg57F54FC2-4F29-456F-873E-E6043D11AA24.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have a sub as well?
Yes, I have 2 Subs sitting on floor next to my entertainment stand
Klipch R-120SW and Klipch RW-10D
I have a Denon 9.2 receiver
All Klipch speakers
2 in-ceiling Atmos Speakers
2 floor standing fronts
2 surrounds
2 rears
Looking to upgrade my center channel, its a Klipch but I bought it 8 years ago and little under powered
Epson 4010 projector - which has awesome colors

Photo Mar 05, 2 18 49 PM.jpg

Demoratics

Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I'm also one of the people who still watch regular TV and isn't really a fan of Netflix or other companies similar to it. I have recently had an accident at home. I was playing with my little nephew in the living room and I accidentally hid the TV with the small ball we were playing with. I now have to buy a new TV but I am not really a tech guy so I don't know what TV brand to choose. I'm now watching TV channels on my phone using but I am tired of looking at a small screen. I hope someone responds with some advice.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I didn't have this model, btu I had a similar one from LG and it broke after one year, hopefully we still had the warranty and managed to get the money back.
This might be the most random first post ever on a boating forum.