• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha Owner from CT

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, just purchased a new to me 2013 242 Limited S, will be picking it up a week from today, and am settling in for the longest week of my life lol. I am a long time boater with a 100-ton master's license, have many Caribbean deliveries under my belt, and was a competitive sailboat racer for many years. We live on a lake in East Lyme CT and are only minutes from the Long Island Sound. Look forward to getting out there and enjoying the rest of the year, if you are a fellow boater in the area drop me a line!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, that's quite the resume, do we need to remind you if you're on the water you need to have your bilge pump on ??

be sure to check out our FAQ for lots of great tips including a video on how the cooling water flows through the engines,

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol, yes I do have to say having the pump on a manual switch is a first for me, but I have already started building out my pre and on water checklist ;)

I'll be sure to check out the FAQs, have already been digging through everything I can on here for the last week!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone, just purchased a new to me 2013 242 Limited S, will be picking it up a week from today, and am settling in for the longest week of my life lol. I am a long time boater with a 100-ton master's license, have many Caribbean deliveries under my belt, and was a competitive sailboat racer for many years. We live on a lake in East Lyme CT and are only minutes from the Long Island Sound. Look forward to getting out there and enjoying the rest of the year, if you are a fellow boater in the area drop me a line!

I’m in Easton, CT and I get mine next week. Maybe we can meet up one day this summer.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum. Tons (yes) of good info here with very knowledgeable people to help keep you safe (although you already are) and on the water. We all look forward to your input, ideas and boating pictures. Please share when you can.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For my fellow Long Island Sounders, how often are you realistically picking up stuff that requires an actual clean out?

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my boat last year in June. Put about 60hours on the Sound in the Fairfield/Norwalk/Port Jeff area. Never picked up anything. Never had to use the clean out plugs.

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got mine Friday and put it in Candlewood Lake. Ever get out there?

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We haven’t but are looking for adventures! Will message you if we take a trip out there.