• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha owner in Charleston SC

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After owning a Yam FZ SHO Waverunner for a few years my wife mentioned that we should upgrade to a boat since we always enjoyed going out with our friends that had one, mainly so we could store our stuff on it. I knew immediately which boat I wanted, the 242 LS!! This site has been a big help with alot of questions I have had. Charleston is dominated by center console style boats, so there are not many jetboats. We still havn't had our boat in the harbor (salt water) yet, just in local lakes. Look forward to conversing with you all and if you ever down in Charleston look me up!!

Emmett

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats!!!

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome
Hey Scott, we used to live in Navarre when I was with the AF Spec Ops Command! We loved it there and wish we had the boat then! Awesome waters!! Hows the boat handle the salt water, meaning maintenance and clean up?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Absolutely Andy, that sounds great!
Glad to have you!

I like your toy #2, I use to have one of those but sold it when we built the current house we are in, wish I still had it.
Image056.jpg

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome ride!! I think of selling mine now and then. It only costs me money if I look at it too long haha

Attachments

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
The salt water is not to bad as long as you flush good and wash it good after every use I also spray the trailer and nozzles Down with wd40 after every use

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The salt water is not to bad as long as you flush good and wash it good after every use I also spray the trailer and nozzles Down with wd40 after every use
Do you hose out your engine compartment to? I'm still a little gun shy because somebody told me that the jetboats don't handle the salt water well. I figuted its just like any other boat in the water. I was also told to use SaltAway.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I don't hose my engine down Everytime because water never gets inside mine but I do spray it down with wd40 and some peole use salt away and some use dawn dish soap

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats @Emmett on the new boat!! Great pick!!

We are on our second season with our jet boat and have boated solely in salt/brackish water. Rinse/wash her off after every use (including the trailer). Rinse the engines EVERY time. We like to use a pressure washer with the delicate tip to help clean off the sea spray. I also took a tip from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and spray while lithium grease on the external moving items (linkages and pivot points). I also spray an anti-corrosive on my trailer winch gears, lug nuts, and transom straps/buckles.
We have only sprayed down the engines a few times. When I do I also spray them with Yamaha's protectant spray.

A lot of the guys also use "Salt Away". I have a very limited knowledge on this. But as long as you take care of your baby after your salt water use you should be fine.

ENJOY!! and thank you for joining the best forum ever

deancastor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! I keep mine in Hilton Head so come on down. I'm new to salt water too so learning also! Love my 2011 but certainly jealous of the new ones!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and Welcome aboard.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Emmett -I live up the Cooper next to the Weapons Station and we cross the harbor all the time. We'll either be at Drum, Capers or Cable Beach. No problems whatsoever. I am a bit fastidious about the cleaning though - use the SaltAway on the trailer, wash and dry everything on the boat before it gets covered after every use. Got the sun shade for the sides to keep it clean and black. It only had 7.6 hours on it and I hate property taxes so I just won't buy a new one.

I added the Volvo trim things to help level the load but the boat was fine without them, I just don't like having to tell people to move left or right.

Had a 24 bay boat with a 225 Verado before this boat. Like this a whole lot better as for comfort and fun. The little ones like this much more too.

Will be out at Drum tomorrow, just north of the Cooper River Bridge looking for sharks teeth.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the toy pic, I got a Z-28 that can tow. It is a 1997 Tahoe 2dr 4x4 that I got from the original owner nearby, it is pretty freaking cherry. The guy got a Range Rover and his wife wanted this redneck thing out of the garage so I got it. Has all the receipts since new too.

Attachments

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the toy pic, I got a Z-28 that can tow. It is a 1997 Tahoe 2dr 4x4 that I got from the original owner nearby, it is pretty freaking cherry. The guy got a Range Rover and his wife wanted this redneck thing out of the garage so I got it. Has all the receipts since new too.
Piney,
Damn that is a nice Tahoe!! I've been completely revamping my stereo system so I haven't had my boat out on the water these last couple of weeks. I keep my boat at Atlantis Marine on the Wando river (Hwy 41 & Clements Ferry). We've only been to Lake Moultrie so far, but do plan on getting out into the harbor sometime soon. We'll have to get together sometime!