• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

No drama cooler thread!

I bought the AO’s on the recommendation of some of the forum members. I love the versatility of them and they work great for short trips. If you leave ice in them overnight I have had issues with the bottom soaking out and getting everything wet underneath it.

I will likely buy a soft side RTIC this year and see how that works for those longer occasions.

Assuming you were seriously asking ;)

El cheapo igloo soft cooler. We are rarely out for more than 6 hours. Holds out fine.

My AO cooler had never leaked, contact AO for information on liner replacement

I just picked up a ice mule soft cooler. I haven't tried it out yet but you can smash it into small odd shaped compartments

My ao's all leak too. Replacement liner? Haha funny. At 23 bucks shipping each way. Igloo cheapo for me now. Better than soaking the boat.

For anyone who wants to keep a cooler in the forward compartment of a FX ski or under the bow seats in most boats the Igloo Marine Ultra 24 can't be beat for the price, got mine for about $30: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJVOZTM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add some Yeti Ice and this thing will keep ice for a full day in 110 degree temps on the Colorado river: https://www.amazon.com/YETI-Refreez...523481794&sr=8-2&keywords=yeti+ice&th=1&psc=1

Small and cheap, only downside is if you flip your ski the water from the ice will drain out of the top zipper, don't ask how I know...

I thought the "drama cooler" was going to be some sort of self help bitch and moan thread.....LOL

I think I have a cooler collecting problem...we have like 6-8 coolers of various shapes, capacities and materials! I need a "Coolers Anonymous" group......"Its been 2 weeks since I bought a cooler....but I drank a bunch of beer from one yesterday!"

Any thoughts on converting one of the underseat compartments into an actual cooler with drain out?

AO cooler is high on my list, but I've read similar reviews of the liner getting soaked through. Usually resolved by the manufacturer, but you gotta pay to ship.

We use the built-in bow cooler on our sx for day use. If camping & boating, my Rtic 65 goes to the camp site and stays. We just transfer food & beverages to the bow cooler for the day.

Any thoughts on converting one of the underseat compartments into an actual cooler with drain out?

I would think it could be easy to just modify a cheap igloo to fit, depending on what your going for. I have seen a M3 with an integrated cooler under a seat but it was just a cheap Igloo that Monterey attached a hose to for draining.

With much drama and fanfare I purchased the Wal-Mart knockoff to the Yeti . I have the 73 qt Ozark Trail and the softsided tote. Love them both!

RTIC is on sale at the moment FYI. I have the RTIC 40 Soft Cooler for under seat storage. After measuring and checking almost every manufacturer, I came to the conclusion it was the absolute biggest I could fit and fully access. I also snagged a RTIC 110 for Bimini but it is so heavy I will likely never have it on the boat except for Bimini.

@Julian I saw your question on another thread, the RTIC has a far superior lid design to the Yeti. I had a friend with the Yeti 40 and it was like sticking my hand into a paper shredder to grab a drink.
RTIC 40 Dimensions.PNG

Coleman Marine extreme. 120+ and it really holds ice all day. I don't even bother putting it in the shade. $80

Got the ozark trail 52 or 54 quart knock off yeti cooler. I love it for long weekends. For one day events I actually use the cooler that came with the boat. :confused:

Back