• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Catch Cans: A must-have for all FI/SVHO applic

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Morning All My Cool Cats and Kittens,

Not to dredge this up again however I’ve received numerous IMs from folks in response to my previous post below and I thought it easier to put an explanation here as to why this part should come standard on every forced induction outfit out there today. Simply put, blow-by is a real thing on these engines and for those of you familiar with this performance-robbing phenomenon, it’s also bad news for engine internals and components. For more on how blow-by affects your engine I suggest googling “How Oil Catch Cans Work” as I won’t burden this group w the granular details here. Most of the IMs I’ve received have asked where this device should be mounted. That said I’ll slap a couple photos here that should explain it whereas I mounted mine in place of the brackets for my stock air intake box. For any other questions on this please feel free to reach out. Hopefully this very simple install helps increase your FI engine’s output and prolong its life keeping all of you social distancing the proper way...on the water. Cheers! :)

Attachments

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I noticed that has an option to run without filter on top. Any Pros/Cons?

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that has an option to run without filter on top. Any Pros/Cons?
It comes w the filter on top so I put it on. Maybe personal preference but I don’t think it hurts getting more oxygen to the intake, especially when it starts to heat up outside.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the breather tube but I am considering to change to catch can.

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the breather tube but I am considering to change to catch can.
Certainly less maintenance and cleaner for your boat’s internals as well as the atmosphere.