• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Using a bungee sectioned tube rope to hopefully absorb small shocks; my tow point to his bow eye. Going about 8mph at 6900 rpm... not getting more speed for more throttle, so this seems to be about the optimum. Gone about 4 mi, likely about that to go.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got him home and loaded on the trailer. Thank you all!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got him home and loaded on the trailer. Thank you all!
Sorry I'm late to the party! Glad it worked out!
The beauty of jet propulsion is that you can develop full thrust at any speed, so as long as you are not cavitating excessively - you can push the engine as hard as you want and will not damage anything.
The two things to watch and avoid is excessive cavitation and overheating the engines (caused by cavitation - inadequate cooling water supply) - keep an eye and touch the pisser streams - water should be hot but not scalding.

--

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did check the water stream several times and it was always within the usual range. Just wasn’t used to seeing the exhaust. I’d done a few shot tows at no-wake speeds before, but this one was around 8 miles with a hungry and increasingly iritable first mate aboard (we were supposed to be meeting them for dinner and had just docked at the restaurant when my brother called and said he’d blown the belt on his water pump/alternator a quarter mile out), hence the interest in getting her to some food as quickly as reasonable.

I played around with the towing speed and found 6-8mph to be as fast as I could go without excessive cavitation; the boat in tow sits pretty deep in the water, so there was quite a bit of drag; actually looked like a decent surf wave coming off his boat at times.

upload_2018-10-13_23-21-30.jpeg

Mando

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Several member have suggested and I have finally gotten around to figuring out how to implement a method of allowing interested members to be notified when a user has an immediate need for help.

I have created a joinable user group named HELP.

If you wish to join the user group and receive notices when other members need help please click this link Account Preferences then click the Join box to the right of the HELP user group. If you want to leave the group you can use the same link then untick the box.

If you are a member who is stuck on the water or otherwise needs quick help to be able to enjoy your boat please include @HELP in the body of your posting which will alert all members of the group. (Be sure to put it in the body of the post NOT the title!)

I know that I could have used this feature when I was on a LS2000 that was sinking and when I was trying to find depth gauge parts before the Texoma meet for the SX230 I had just purchased.

Edited to add the direction to put @HELP in the body of post not in the title.
I just signed up.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP I'm in the keys lucky not far from dock but port engine had over heat light. I jumped in and made sure nothing was in filter by nozzle. I check plugs and from bottom of the boat as well.

No sea grass or sargasso left.

Could something have gotten sucked through filter? Had some smoke coming through pee hole right when I got light on tach and shut her down.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Smokung pee hole sounds like lack of water
If you dont see anything I'd start it up again and see if overheating returns
Chances are whatever was there washed away

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I highly doubt anything got sucked thru your strainer screen

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Blocked pee holes ... caught me 1st time out this year ... after having the boat in the yard all fall and winter ... mud daubbers

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Possible you sucked some plastic that's blocking the screened inlet on the left inside of the nozzle? This would not be accessible through the cleanout ports but only from the back of the nozzle with the bucket in forward.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh man. Stay safe my brother

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Lucky we made it to side of mangroves where we were planning to fish. Havent cranked it back up yet. Was hoping something easy. Will update shortly

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Lucky we made it to side of mangroves where we were planning to fish. Havent cranked it back up yet. Was hoping something easy. Will update shortly
The smoke would be steam actually, most likely.
Sometimes they overheat if turning a lot as it can starve a pump of water.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We made it back. Most of the mangroves are a no wake zone. I hope I can get picture of passing another boat. 3 of my 4 trip through I have passed a boat. I'm talking inches between mangroves him and other boat each time.

We caught about 30 snapper today non of size.

Thanks for the help I wanted to make sure it was nothing more then I had found on here and what yall suggested.

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Several member have suggested and I have finally gotten around to figuring out how to implement a method of allowing interested members to be notified when a user has an immediate need for help.

If you wish to join the user group and receive notices when other members need help please click this link Account Preferences then click the Join box to the right of the HELP user group. If you want to leave the group you can use the same link then untick the box.

If you are a member who is stuck on the water or otherwise needs quick help to be able to enjoy your boat please include @HELP in the body of your posting which will alert all members of the group. (Be sure to put it in the body of the post NOT the title!)

I know that I could have used this feature when I was on a LS2000 that was sinking and when I was trying to find depth gauge parts before the Texoma meet for the SX230 I had just purchased.

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is one of the most helpful (pun intended) aspects of the forum. Just make sure you put the help callout in the text body, not the title.

And don't forget...anyone can join in to help out. Just go to the Account Preferences then click the Join box to the right of the HELP user group. If you want to leave the group you can use the same link then untick the box.