• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

on water rt now have an ISSUE

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Port side motor is not having any water come out spout. Went in clean out plugs and got some stuff out. Overheat monitor went off once before I cleaned them out. Bit when I give it done juice after sitting for awhile. The water comes out. Any help appreciated. Asap

You mean water isn't being forced out through the impeller? I had my overheat light come on last year after running through some algae and it plugged up the pee holes...

The pee holes are indicators of if cooling water is flowing though the system. Since you got an over heat warning, something is not flowing properly. First you want to check the intake grate - which is inside the pump on the left hand side when looking at the pump. Make sure something isn't stuck to it.

If nothing there, then you will want to take the intake screen off - open up the small rectangular box that sits on the outside of the pump and pull out the plastic insert and clean.

It it is clean, then your next bet is the termostat is clogged.

Sounds like you might not of gotten all of the seaweed out. Try reaching further in there and see if you find anything else.

Buy some long pipe cleaners at the craft store and you can clean out the pee hole lines. A test tube brush also works but cant get in very far. Cam.

Weed wacker cord works too for unclogging...

OK So last night I went out to see some fireworks with the family. Problem #1 The Yamaha anchor. I could not for the hell of me anchor this boat. It was a little breezy and the current was going but not to bad. All the other boats except mine and another were anchored ok. I wouldn't trust this anchor to hold anything besides a boat being beached and the anchor stuck in the sand. So I spent my time simply steering the boat in slow circles to watch the fireworks.

Then my right side engine overheat signal came on. And I am like WTF. So I look at the pee hole and the one peephole has no water coming out. So I turn that engine off immediately and drive slowly to an open area. I clean out the ports which had a little stuff inside. Wait a little bit and fire the engine up again. AGAIN no water coming through. Then I give it some juice and drive about a 100 yards. During this the water began coming out the pee hole. THEN when I slowed down NO WATER again. So I used one engine in idle speed to stay where I was and watch the fireworks. After wards I turned the engine on, gave them some juice and headed home.

During this all water flow appeared normal. When I got home and was in idle water flow finally appeared normal. JEEZ !!!!

Yep you need some weedeater cord in your glove box! Those pee holes need catheters every once in a while too!

Oh Yeah You think just some basic weed whacker cord from Home depot. Then just fish it through if need be ?

Does your boat have 2 pairs of pee holes or just one pair (this changed at some point and I should list that in the differences spreadsheet)? The upper pair (for those with 4 holes) will only pee at high RPM.

Sounds like you had a slight clog in the intake and its cleared.

mine are intermittent at idle, if you are worried I'd check the screen and then pull the thermostat,

try to get a thicker weedeater line so it won't bend quite so easily, I use a like a 16ga insulated wire as it doesn't bend as much if it hits a jam but I use it on mud daubers nests

It is not uncommon for pee holes to not pee at idle or low RPMs. Only a small portion of the cooling water comes out through the pee hole and only when there is enough pressure to push the water up.

I would invest in a small box anchor. @txav8r posted a link where you can get one for under $150. It holds every time for me with either a 2x1 or 3x1 scope on the anchor rode. It's a little more hassle to use though as it does not fit in my anchor storage. It comes with a nice vented bag and I keep it folded under my port bow seat cushion along with the rope.

This is my process for dropping anchor and retrieving.
Once at my location I set a "boat" towel, on top of the anchor locker platform. Then I pull the folded anchor out of the bag and set it on the towel so I can unfold it and put the locking pin in place. Then while making sure my rope is not tangled on anything I give the anchor a heave hoe! and tie it off to a cleat in the front. If the wind and waives are bad I will tie off to the front bow eyelet.

To retrieve the anchor in windy conditions I'll have someone man the wheel in neutral to keep us in our position. I put the towel down and usually stand on the anchor locker in calm water to pull it up being careful not to slam it into the hull. It's usually covered in mud so I spend a minute or so swinging it back and forth and up and down which gets 95% of the mud off. Then I set it on the towel while I pull the pin and fold it up. Then it's into the bag and back under the seat.

It's a little extra trouble but worth it knowing it's going to hold every time. You don't need a chain with a box anchor which is nice, and make sure all connections are solid and the bitter end of the rode is tied off before giving the heave hoe!

Then where does all that water go if its not getting flushed away through the p holes. It has to build up somewhere I would assume

Out through the back near the jets

90% of the water circulates throughout the engine and exhaust @geiger41 . The pee holes are just indicators of cooling water and tapped off the thermostat and exhaust on MR-1 engines, and off the return line on the 1.8L. There is not sufficient pressure when flushing on the hose or at idle to get the water to flow uphill through the loop and out the pee holes on a continuous basis as the lower and less restrictive point of departure is through the exhaust. The only way the pee holes get sufficient flow is if the entire cooling system has full pressure on it and resistance at the exhaust exits, to force the water to back up and flow from the pee holes as well. Some guys get some flow at idle, others don't. The 1.8L flows at much lower rpm settings than do the MR-1's, but the 1.8L as I said above, flows from only one pee hole per engine vs the MR-1's two pee holes. Hope this makes sense. While it isn't the 1.8L, the cooling system is still very similar with just a little different routing, but mostly the same exhaust and system. @buckbuck did extensive research and made a video on his journey to solve his cooling problems. It is excellent and should be required viewing of any Yamaha owner, to help him better understand the way his boat works.

Back