• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
20A8DE03-A424-4F6B-9FE0-692CF7DDD59D.jpeg

Decided to have breakfast on the water.

E327CEA8-54AE-4A9D-AED7-E1F56FB97F73.jpeg

Wind came up later but a gorgeous day on the water…

99BCE62B-49B1-4C24-89D1-DF9ED1DF6952.jpeg

Late afternoon rain shower with a little thunder.

905EB7CA-AABD-4206-829D-31E3A85611E4.jpeg

Plenty of marks but the fish are still not that active…the water is slowly getting warmer, up to 48° in places. Had a few fish on but none on the boat.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Got on the water for first time this year, Mississippi pool 13, maiden run for my kid's brand new 195sx. He's coming from an 06 tango 240 so he isn't new to jets but ordered thrust vector last, fantastic boat and he's happy but reverse handling seems far inferior to the old sportjetsin his old Tango and my Mirage.

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got on the water for first time this year, Mississippi pool 13, maiden run for my kid's brand new 195sx. He's coming from an 06 tango 240 so he isn't new to jets but ordered thrust vector last, fantastic boat and he's happy but reverse handling seems far inferior to the old sportjetsin his old Tango and my Mirage.
What was the water temp up there??? Might get ours out in pool 14 this week to do some cruising & check things out.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you put in at when you go to Conowingo
We usually put in at Dorsey Park ramp which is at the entrance to Peach Bottom Power Plant. It's pretty steep but rarely crowded. We've also put in at Muddy Creek (closer to Lancaster), it's not nearly as steep but gets a lot of kayakers and the lot can fill up. It does have separate "ramp" for kayakers to launch. You need to follow the channel markers to get to the main body of water - there's rocks just under the surface all around the islands. If you plan to go there, let me know and I can give more details.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s you favorite u have been too? I’m located in Lancaster
Our favorite is probably Raystown but it's an 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get there plus turnpike tolls (not cheap with a trailer) and it does get crowded on weekends. Conowingo has become our go to lake since it's never crowded - mostly fishermen - and almost as big as Raystown. York Haven Dam has potential, it's less than a half hour from our house but it does have a lot of shallow areas. We like Blue Marsh if we're planning to just relax and float a lot but the jetskiers have really taken over and made it hard to enjoy the main part of the lake. It also gets crowded like Raystown.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mother’s Day on the lake - where she loves to be

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back on the water. Love it.
1652576347099.jpeg

Cardnole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First post here... here's my "new to me" 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S. Lovin It... this is our first trip out!! Dog Island Florida.Dog Island _IMG_0968.jpg

This was taken just off St. George Island on the way over to Dog Island... it was perfect. St. George Island_IMG_0960.jpg
Anyone from Tallahassee area on here?

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got back from a week staying on Captiva with my in-laws. We were lucky to find a house that had both beach access and a dedicated slip.
Launched at Moss Marina after the 16 hour drive with my brother in law to avoid putting the painted trailer in the salt water, then headed across to Sanibel for lunch before heading up to the house. Spent the week visiting island restaurants (Cabbage Key and Mainstays), beaches on North Captiva and Cayo Costa, and the Boca Grande sandbar, before having the boat pulled back out and driving home.
The weather was excellent, and it was a big learning experience for my wife's family as they are "not boat people," in their words. Best part was my 11 month old son loving riding in the boat and playing on the beach and in the water.

Attachments

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
AFEDE47D-507B-4A95-9389-C2DF3CFCDCA6.jpeg

Finished pre-season prep and dropped her at the slip today! Took a short cruise around the lower James River south of Richmond. Felt very good. Recaptured 6-7 mph from a clean hull with a coat of ceramic spray.

Had @JetBoatPilot thrust vectors and lat thrusters installed…that was a nice upgrade. Tracks very well at low or no wake speed…no need for constant correction. Can cruise while both arms leaning on the windshield and only the occasional tap on the wheel. Docking was like a different boat. It’s still docking but much improved.

Good first outing. Hot weekend incoming.
marine fuel was 499 at the dock I was pleasantly surprised (that sounds ridiculous regardless but well, ya know…)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Took the boat out to make sure everything was working as it should. So just me and my boy today. I didn't even get the mats out of my shed. Everything is good and ready for the season. Water was perfect today with temps in the 90s.

IMG_20220520_150813255_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220520_143144475_HDR.jpgIMG_20220520_145612178_HDR.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love taking new people boat riding.