• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 178658This is me trying to push this guy when he wouldn’t get off and help me. I wanted me to pull him with my boat. That was a big No!
Um...whatnow?!? Something was lost in translation.

I can't tell who's helping who, and what went down here. Sounds like you were asked to help someone out, and said asking person wanted you to do ALL of the help, in a manner of his choosing.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Um...whatnow?!? Something was lost in translation.

I can't tell who's helping who, and what went down here. Sounds like you were asked to help someone out, and said asking person wanted you to do ALL of the help, in a manner of his choosing.
I was on the beach watching this guy tear up his boat and I swam out to help him. And he wouldn’t get off his boat to help me push it It was dumb but I spent an hour pushing

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And he wouldn’t get off his boat to help me push it It was dumb but I spent an hour pushing
Holy crap, I wished you lived near me, or that I was back in NC, as I'm certain you're an awesome friend! With no assistance/effort from him, there's no way I'd have spent an hour pushing his boat. I salute you! :winkingthumbsup"

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We were discussing this not long ago. Last year on my birthday (mid April) we were on the boat and it was 80 degrees. This year it snowed.
Yeah last year on 4/3/2021 we took out the new boat to do the break in. This yeah I got the boat out of storage 4/2 and on 4/10 it snowed and a tree almost feel on the boat! I am ready for summer to start :)

Attachments

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put my ropes on the top side of the Bimini- seems to avoid rubbing because of the bow rise.. am I doing it wrong? 195s @Joshua Miller @rockinthesuburbs ?
I hadn’t thought of it rubbing there but in the picture it clearly is- I’ll have to try it over the top and see if it makes a difference.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally Finally Finally we had some good weather. Saturday anchored.

Secret Beach 2.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not the Parker?
Not any more... 😢 Parker 's sold...
I loved that thing but it's a pure fishing machine with virtually no creature comforts; what can I say, my ladies win every time.
The new one is more of a cross-over, a 30' DC with a cabin underneath, full head, double berth; EdgeWater 280cx; so far - love it, it's an absolute brute handling hard chop here extremely well.
1653367426012.jpeg

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I loved that thing but it's a pure fishing machine with virtually no creature comforts; what can I say, my ladies win every time.
The new one is more of a cross-over, a 30' DC with a cabin underneath, full head, double berth; EdgeWater 280cx; so far - love it, it's an absolute brute handling hard chop here extremely well.
View attachment 178710

--
I knew there would be demand for creature comforts from the get go. Your crew are not likely to "rough it" any more now that they have experienced the potential. You know..."How do you keep em down on the farm, when they've seen Paree?" LOL

More, more, more...We have been adding comfort for the last couple of years. Now I/we have a transmissible marine flu that I hear is quite common. Some call it Tenfootitis. It is much more concerning than the usual Twofootitis that everybody talks about. Tenfootitis would cause a change in life style and hopefully I would be able find a cure so it only happens once again in my lifetime.

I say "once again" because we already suffered from Twelvefootitis on moving from the AR230 to the First 35s5. And look how that ended. lol

20220524_065808~2.jpg

Although I have a different crew.

640C1A5B-A291-4C68-BD9F-2D38185A4E26.jpeg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry. No known cure

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 178710

--
Very cool! Does it handle chop better than the Parker?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool! Does it handle chop better than the Parker?
Yes in does, there is no comparison. Not a diss at Parker at all, I absolutely love the brand, their boats are well made and very, very tough. It's just a different segment. Parker's like a 70s' military track, their design has not changed in decades, it an extremely solid, heavy, wooden-construction boat. It will go through anything, almost like a lifeboat, and it can be rode very, very hard but will beat you to a pulp in the process. Not everyone likes it, lol.

The EW is like SpaceX hull-construction-tech by comparison, with a price tag to match; Parker new goes for about 100k, the EW 280cx is about 4 times that... so there was no way I could swing it. We were very lucky to find a used one (they only make about 15-20 280 hulls a year so there is usually nothing on the used market) - I have had my feelers put out and jumped on one the moment it was (re)-listed in the middle of the winter. The boat was priced nicely but it turned out to have a bunch of issues I'm slowly working through. Almost done at this point, and super happy. Barring any surprises at this point I would say it could be our "dream boat".
finally took my daughters out for a ride this past week - they absolutely "loved it" (*sigh*), lol, so looks like we may have a keeper!

EDIT: here is a Parker in action:
--

Last edited:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes in does, there is no comparison. Not a diss at Parker at all, I absolutely love the brand, their boats are well made and very, very tough. It's just a different segment. Parker's like a 70s' military track, their design has not changed in decades, it an extremely solid, heavy, wooden-construction boat. It will go through anything, almost like a lifeboat, and it can be rode very, very hard but will beat you to a pulp in the process. Not everyone likes it, lol.

The EW is like SpaceX hull-construction-tech by comparison, with a price tag to match; Parker new goes for about 100k, the EW 280cx is about 4 times that... so there was no way I could swing it. We were very lucky to find a used one (they only make about 15-20 280 hulls a year so there is usually nothing on the used market) - I have had my feelers put out and jumped on one the moment it was (re)-listed in the middle of the winter. The boat was priced nicely but it turned out to have a bunch of issues I'm slowly working through. Almost done at this point, and super happy. Barring any surprises at this point I would say it could be our "dream boat".
finally took my daughters out for a ride this past week - they absolutely "loved it" (*sigh*), lol, so looks like we may have a keeper!

--
What a comparison! If I were to ever go away from Yamaha and stick with a powerboat, I'd love to get a ride on an Axopar and see if those handle as well as it seems they do. The mix of performance/features/price seem compelling.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

--
It is a very beautiful boat. With so much awesome packed in, do you even look at the yammie anymore?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a very beautiful boat. With so much awesome packed in, do you even look at the yammie anymore?
I totally look at her! I love the AR240, she will finally be in the water in the lake this week, done a lot of work earlier this year, finally cleaning up my electric/electronics that were getting out of hand with all the mods. It's still my favorite boat, I would say, just not "ideal" in/offshore around these parts - even in NYC harbor/upper bay it is easy to take water over the bow in an AR240 class boat, can be disconcerting for less experienced passengers.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length