• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Opinion on boat name..

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have wanted to name the boat since we brought it home last year, but could never come up with a name that we all like or that had some meaning. I looked up several boat names with a law enforcement reference but couldn't find anything that wasn't overtly related. Anyway, my son came up with a name(and many others :dead:) and I'm asking you guys for your honest input on the name..

"Jet Black"...our boat is a black AR240..

So, what are your honest thoughts?

Sounds good to me and if it gets your son excited about taking Jet Black out for a spin even better.

We have wanted to name the boat since we brought it home last year, but could never come up with a name that we all like or that had some meaning. I looked up several boat names with a law enforcement reference but couldn't find anything that wasn't overtly related. Anyway, my son came up with a name(and many others :dead:) and I'm asking you guys for your honest input on the name..

"Jet Black"...our boat is a black AR240..

So, what are your honest thoughts?
Usually a good boat name has more than one meaning. Yours does this. Color of the boat and jet powered. It works for me. I give it a :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

I agree, multiple meanings and family involvement. I have named two of these Yamahas and each was a challenge. I have also had plenty of input from the forum on both too! I can tell you that in both situations, the name was there at the start, I just needed to hear all variations and other ideas to know it was a good name. Here are a few to compare against...
Knight Rider
Dark Horse
Black and White
Dark Knight
Miranda
Protect and Serve
...a good nights sleep will bring more :)

Your son already named her. I think you're done. Jet Black it is!!

I like the idea of going with whatever the kids pick (within reason). It gives them a sense of pride in the participation. If they chose "Rainbow Sprinkles" as a name I might try and steer them in a different direction though :) But in your case, I think "Jet Black" is pretty cool.

I suck @boat names, only 3 come to mind. lol

Black out
Black floater
Night watch

I like the idea of going with whatever the kids pick (within reason). It gives them a sense of pride in the participation. If they chose "Rainbow Sprinkles" as a name I might try and steer them in a different direction though :) But in your case, I think "Jet Black" is pretty cool.

My youngest wanted to name it "Modern Warfare" , and he said we could "put camo stickers on it" . It took awhile to explain how that might not be a good idea.

Thanks for the input, and I think everybody's right. I didn't think it was cheesy, but it was my kid that came up with it so I might be a little biased. Just needed to hear everyone else's unbiased opinion.:)

How 'bout ...

'Do ya feel lucky punk'

AR-15.....lol....now theres some attention

Stick with Jet black!

How about this on the side...

'If black is beautiful I just ship'd a masterpiece'

Go with the kid's idea. It will mean the world to him.

Don's Striker Spring Guide_ - anyone have one_ Pictures_.jpg

If the wife vetoes it then I vote Shenanigans.

I like it! Go with your sons idea. My daughter named ours as well. She was very proud of herself and us of her.

Back