• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our driveway, six years in the making

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
im jealous! mostly because i want a ski lift taking me to my boat, cant wait to see pictures of that finished up

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce @Julian If you put in a water slide, that will go on my bucket list of things to do! That would be such a big rush!!! :winkingthumbsup"
I am not saying no but it is not in the 2015 to 2016 plans. Unfortunately the ground is too rocky for a large slip and slide so it will have to be an elevated structure.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WATER SLIDE, WATER SLIDE, WATER SLIDE !!!

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That place is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and good luck w/the upcoming projects!!!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
OMG! That is a bunch of cement!!! Nice place and your going to have plenty of excuses for being busy! Thanks for sharing it with us! Dang @Bruce , your giving me ideas!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately the ground is too rocky for a large slip and slide so it will have to be an elevated structure.
Did you see the mythbusters slide they made? I think they used some sort of felt and foam under basic plastic to make it....you'd only have to eliminate the big rocks then....and it sure looks like you have the equipment to dig up rocks!!!! LOL

Gotta love it having 1000 people suggesting ways for you to spend your money!!!!

That lift looks really cool though! Curious why you went with the ski lift approach verses rails and a "train car"....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious why you went with the ski lift approach verses rails and a "train car"....
The first round of "lake access" planning was in 2009. At that time, with help of some engineer friends, I worked out plans to build a train style tram system or wooden stairs. The stair option was determined to be too expensive for their limited benefit. It was determined that I would need a dual tracked, dual car tram to support the passenger rates that I desired and that I would need to use very large iron to support the suspended track.

I also obtained bids from companies building trams in my area. They wanted $40K to $50K for a tram that would move 4 people and take around 5 minutes to go up or down. So if I had 5 people going to or from the dock it would take 12 to 16 minutes to get them there. With 9 people it would take 20 to 24 minutes. The speed and the cost were unacceptable to me.

The chair lift design will be less expensive than the commercial tram offerings and move passengers three times as quickly. I also feel that it offers some safety advantages. I have attached some early drawings and measurements.

Attachments

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mel could land his jet on that runway! Holy smokes what a gorgeous piece of property!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think you need an ultralight or gyroplane, you have the strip already! I don't think I can get mine in there!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What an awesome place to call home!

Enjoy

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats awesome man! I'm so jealous.

Looks like maybe a good place for JBN gathering 2016 :rolleyes:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys did an awesome job and that is an absolutely gorgeous view. I am very jealous.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The first round of "lake access" planning was in 2009. At that time, with help of some engineer friends, I worked out plans to build a train style tram system or wooden stairs. The stair option was determined to be too expensive for their limited benefit. It was determined that I would need a dual tracked, dual car tram to support the passenger rates that I desired and that I would need to use very large iron to support the suspended track.

I also obtained bids from companies building trams in my area. They wanted $40K to $50K for a tram that would move 4 people and take around 5 minutes to go up or down. So if I had 5 people going to or from the dock it would take 12 to 16 minutes to get them there. With 9 people it would take 20 to 24 minutes. The speed and the cost were unacceptable to me.

The chair lift design will be less expensive than the commercial tram offerings and move passengers three times as quickly. I also feel that it offers some safety advantages. I have attached some early drawings and measurements.
Awesome, I never would have imagined a personal home system like this. You could certainly put some of the engineers I work with to shame. It's pathetic the lack of imagination/creativity/design ability/motivation they have....oh wait, I work with the DOD, it comes with the territory.

Another vote for an awesome slide. "see you at the bottom Dad" WOOSH.....OW MY ARM...rub some dirt on it son, you'll be fine.... Can I go again Dad?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think you need the zip line too! Zip for going down, chair for going up! But that zip line will have to have counter balance...that will be one steep zip!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That slip and slide @scot71 posted is great except for a few things...not enough mil thickness in the plastic, too abrupt of a kick up at the bottom, and I see all kinds of risky framing that would be pretty bad if you hit it by accident. I know my back couldn't take that abrupt kick at the bottom. It needs a more gradual radius to it!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man, I don't know @Bruce ... I think I spotted a crack in that driveway, you might want to consider starting over or if you want 3M makes concrete repair kits!! ;) By the way...WOW, what a place!!

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rana even helped out

View attachment 14125

The photo looks like there is a Mini me (your child) on the arms of the tractor Rana is operating... had to look twice

Beautiful spot and wow... you guys know how to make it work... Enjoy lakeside.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The photo looks like there is a Mini me (your child) on the arms of the tractor Rana is operating... had to look twice
That is funny. I had not noticed. It is Emma on my shoulders.