• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outboard Jet

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn’t know something like this existed.

I guess it makes sense in shallow river etc. for smaller boats.
Would love to see a video of it.

21C36536-EF3E-4693-ADCB-773468BC8B6C.jpeg

Yup...been around for years.....maybe more than 10?

OK....I was a little off....been around since at least the 80s.
1645643414744.png
This is a Bowl / Volute for Yamaha 40-50 HP 3 cly 2 stroke 1983-1994 motors.
Never used ,it is the Z model.
Will also fit the 25-30 HP 1987-200
(From an EBAY ad)

Last edited:
I didn’t know something like this existed.
I guess it makes sense in shallow river etc. for smaller boats.
It's a great idea that's been around for years, but it still has the same shallow water issues our jetboats have - debris ingestion at the intake.

The advertising doesn't match real world use. Just like they brag about 18" draft on my boat, but it would be sucking up the bottom like a vacuum in anything less than about 30". The manual specifically states to not operate the engines in less than 3ft of water. In 3ft of water my boat is still only 18" from the bottom when idling.
:rolleyes:

Back